Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Cirencester (Away) 16th Jan 16

Irishadrian

Two teams on the same points  Likely to be a close game and of course we must be hopeful of another 3 points. Cirencester did receive a blow midweek when just after their win against Stratford  their established and excellent keeper Glyn Garner  announced his departure due to travel problems ( strange after more than 150 appearances) It is rumoured but not confirmed that he is off to Merthyr. Noted for marshalling his defence lets hope this has an adverse affect on their defenc.e tomorrow

As we haven't played for awhile we may be a bit slow out the blocks tomorrow,so any advantage we can get over Cirencester is a good one.

To be honest,while I always want Slough to play for a win, tomorrow's game I wouldn't mind if we only get a draw,as to me that would be a decent result, considering our lack of game time, and with all the recent comings and goings of players.

Glen  Im also keen to see what Lee Barney produces  He has had a mixed season so far  first 15 league games  0 goals  Between 6th Oct -24 th November 9 goals  9 games since them 0 goals   according to Wingate& Finchley website Lets hope he is heading for another purple patch.

Glen  I tried to establish that but their appearance section on their website ends at the end of last season  and Lee's individual profile is one of the few that doesnt expand  but few players play every game Im sure Neil or Jon will know

I agree, would expect Charlie and George/Scott to start.

Unfortunately, with the postponements, we haven't seen much of George. I think he's only come on as a sub in two games that were played, albeit early on against Poole scoring two goals.

As it's his last game for us tomorrow not sure if it's the best thing for the team if he starts the game.

Can't comment on the state of the pitch at Cirencester but it seems that games are much likely to be postponed now than they were twenty plus years ago. Is this a reflection of greater weather extremes or health and safety going mad. Bit of both perhaps. Eventually, football will have to be a summer sport but then excessive sun exposure will be the issue.