Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last Nights Game

Jab_n17

I don't normally lay in to  criticism to match officials but watching the performance of last nights ref i'll make an exception.  I can't think of a worst performance of a ref at HDP, ever but sure someone will.  Eastbourne had him in their pockets and MFC where playing 12 men for 90 plus mins.  I hope that piece of s--t never returns here to take charge of a game again...... 

The sending off was fair enough as 2 yellow cards but the sure fire penalty not given to us when Freddie was upended, well what can you say!

I didnt like their captain, the number 5, he was trying to get Charlie sent off from the penalty as well as the tackle in the second half. Also held Freddie all night and the ref left it until the final minutes before booking him. I noticed both Nikki and Jamie asking the ref about his decisions both at half time and full time.

Thought it was a good game throughout,played at quite a frenetic pace in the first half. Must admit,some of those decisions made by the man in black did have me scratching my head at times!

Gotta agree that a lot of the time Eastbourne spent whining at the ref and going down when tackled,asif they'd been shot by Chris Kyle!

One thing that did mystify me,was that it seemed that Freddie was fighting a lone battle by himself at times. I thought you only had one up front for away games!? Give him some support next time. He cant be expected to do it all himself

do we have to conclude that it does not look great for Christian Jolley ?

NB has DA on loan,and now looking for another to give Fred some help and all the time CJ is waiting in the wings.

does not suggest rthat NB has alot of confidence in CJ does it ?

must admit-i do not rate J either (see july posts after watching him at fgr last season ) but al the same-i have a feeling that he has something to prove to us all-and if NB did play him-he may just show us that he is up to the marque and worthy of a place so after all that- i would actually like to see CJ given one more opportunity-and i have a gut feel that he may just take it and prove a point.

i wish him well

i personally think CJ needs a run in the team as he can be a big asset once he gets a bit of confidence back and a few goals.  At present he plays for 10 or so mins which is hardly time to 'warm up' let alone get into the game. He's a real skillful player with pace and very tricky in the 18 yard box which can cause opposing teams big problems

CJ plays more like a winger Michael, Freddie needs support in middle of the park.

agree-and he was utilised the same in his few (and poor )loan appearances at fgr a year ago.

if we go back 4 years though-when CJ made a bit of a name for himself-and built his reputation as a striker was when he was playing for newport more centrally

No complaints with the red, other than that the ref was clueless. I agree RE CJ, give him a run! Not his biggest fan but he deserves a chance to prove himself. Freddy needs the help upfront, all the time three players are marking him the more space the 2nd forward gets. Worked a treat for the Brighton loanee.

most importantly ,manager thinks he did ok aS Well(even though he still seems to want to sign one or two forwards )

is this the start of a renaissance for CJ,and a blistering end to the season for him ?

wish him well

Shield it-never been one for flying winger types-much prefer the boring ,pragmatic approach;but have to say that Shields did look the real thing-a bit of an exception-and proper flair-which when you have the quality of Ladapo (and jolley) to finish it off-,could be properly utilised.

i think loan is up at hemel in about ten days-and having to pinch myself that i want to see a flair type player -but do just wonder whether next time around Bull could capture him-(lessons learnt by margate and ebbsfleet ?)

it did seem our purple patch coincided with him on board,'Feeding the Fred'.

So glad this forum still exists for proper football talk rather than silly social media chit-chat. Keep it up guys. Sorry can't join in as have not seen the team for a few weeks. I will be going to Maidenhead and will be sure to post comment on here!

So glad this forum still exists for proper football talk rather than silly social media chit-chat. Keep it up guys. Sorry can't join in as have not seen the team for a few weeks. I will be going to Maidenhead and will be sure to post comment on here!

yes there are few of us left on here so hopefully a few more will return in the future with their views and comments  

Going back to Sheilds, I dont think we will get him on loan again but remember I believe he is out of contract at end of season so maybe snap him up for next season.

As a sideline its good to see Nikki giving some youngsters a chance and also picking up a handy looking striker on loan from Gillingham, even if he is only 18. I do believe Daniel Akindayini was only 19 and look what he did in his first game.  

are there any potential chris smallings (or even sean raggetts ) in the U18's ?

would be nice to see some defenders come through-but in this league you need to be a bit thuggish,which is not easy as an 18 year old.

seems to take defenders a lot longer to break through,and be up to standard required.difficult at 18 to dedicate half of your leisure time to do weight training at a gym to build yourself up physically to be able to cope with seasoned ex professionals which abound in national league south

last one who came close-but ultimately-not quite good enough,was Luke Wheatley i believe

Archived