Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Theresa May.

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

To be fair, I'm not a Tory supporter, but I think Theresa has been treated abominably by her own party.

Firstly, she took the 'poisoned chalice' after Cameron decided it was a good time to quit to protect himself, then her own back-benchers ensured that there wouldn't be a deal over Brexit come what Ma, (if you'll pardon the expression) !.

I can see us heading rapidly, (well, with 3 or 4 months), to a NO-DEAL scenario, and after the last three years shenanigans, this will probably be the best result for the UK.

Agree :thumbsup(2):

I think a no deal brexit is now likely especially if Boris gets in. There will be irreparable damage done to the UK economy if this happens. As for Theresa May I think you’re spot on there Big JR - she’s been treated poorly by her own party and has been made the fall erm Gal for her party.

Even if she had spoken to the other parties and tried to get a consensus before there’s too many people in parliament that are only looking out for power and it would have failed. 

On 02/06/2019 at 10:01, cup of tea said:

I think a no deal brexit is now likely especially if Boris gets in. There will be irreparable damage done to the UK economy if this happens. As for Theresa May I think you’re spot on there Big JR - she’s been treated poorly by her own party and has been made the fall erm Gal for her party.

Even if she had spoken to the other parties and tried to get a consensus before there’s too many people in parliament that are only looking out for power and it would have failed. 

We seem to be forgetting who is ultimately responsible for this whole BREXIT fiasco and making our once proud Country the laughing stock it has sadly become, that is David Cameron for calling the referendum in the first place, he didn't have to

He could see what was coming, and wanted to get out of the firing line.

In anyone elses language, a coward !!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a real shame isn't it because up until the referendum 'Call Me Dave' was actually doing quite a good job and would still be Prime Minister

I refer the honourable poster to my previous comment, bottom of Page 1 of this thread.

On 05/06/2019 at 14:38, Big J R said:

He could see what was coming, and wanted to get out of the firing line.

Big J R - But everything in the garden was  fairly rosy wasn't it before he called the referendum

Only with the LibDems backing.

Then again, they'd back anybody to grab a bit of the lime-light.

Oh, where are you now, Cleggy ?????

5 hours ago, Big J R said:

Only with the LibDems backing.

Then again, they'd back anybody to grab a bit of the lime-light.

True :)