Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Stu B

The Wilko "incident"

The attacking player was not in full control of the ball - as such, that is deemed 'a 50-50 ball' meaning the keeper was entitled to go for it. The keeper mistimed his attempt and fouled the player. A booking was correct - as the player was not in control of the ball, it could not be classed as a goalscoring opportunity.

Or are Woking the new Stevenage, proposing the rules be altered to suit themselves?

I would like to see the video of incident because the player did not have control of the ball, in fact, I thought Protheroe took his legs from under him and he fell into Wilko who had already committed himself. At the time, I really thought Protheroe would be yellow/red carded. Am i the only one who saw this or is my eyesight getting worse?

The ref missed loads of incidents during the game especially the blatant hand ball in the box (2nd half) when Abbey tried to cross the ball. Nuff said already, we got a point but should have been 3 against a poor Woking performance (apart from Harris up front).

Another point about this incident...

IMHO, Wilko is gentle giant and I don't believe there was any malicious intent, at all. In fact, as mentioned on several previous threads, he needs to be more forceful and domineering in his play.