Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman League - Hornchurch 1 Ford United 0

Urchins

A Vinnie John goal was enough to finish of the year with a win but the margin could have been greater.

After 15 minutes Lee Matthews found himself with a free header on goal when he met a far post free kick from Scott Gooding but ended up heading the ball away from goal. Two minutes later Andrew Martin was put clear by John Martin but his weak finish ended up in the arms of Ford keeper Jamie Lunan. Ford's John O'Sullivan shot wide on 42 minutes after a good exchange of passes in midfield but we took the lead just before the break when Mark Graham scampered down the right flank and sent in a low cross for Vinnie John to slot home from 8 yards.

Almost straight from the break Andrew Martin found himself clear on goal but the ball ran away from him after he rounded Lunan and it ran harmlessly for a goal kick. Ford struggled to get out of their own half at times but guarded their penalty area well. An Andrew Martin turn and shot on 58 minutes went over and Gavin McGowan shot narrowly wide on 75 minutes after winning a loose ball just outside the area. McGowan again went close with 5 minutes left with a 25 yard effort. There was plenty of time added on at the end but with our defence well on top Ford hardly threatened.

Line-up:- Gay, Gooding, Kerrigan, Adedeji, Matthews (Southon 49), Locke, Graham, McGowan, John, A Martin (Opara 85), J Martin. Subs not used:- Allen, Heathcote, Collier (GK).

What happened with Ford's #8? He left the pitch early, just before half time. We didn't see a sending-off, or a substitution. Am I right to assume his manager voluntarily took him off because of his over-the-top swearing at the ref?

Saw him kicking at the fence near at the top of the steps, by the changing rooms though, so he was cheesed-off about something!!

I think he cut his lip badly and the ref sent him off to get treatment...never saw any blood though and he walked right past me...he never came back and they had 11 so must have been a half time substitue....

he was making all sorts of threats to other ford players about what he was gonna do to one of our lads...didn't get who but I made sure issaacs was on hand to 'preserve' the dressing room dore...!!

personally I though they were a poor team but very physical and the normally excellent ref keith yeo failed to deal with it...there were some bad tackles going in out there...

anyway..we didn't really play well although much better in the 2nd...good 3 points and on to the next one...ollie MOM for me....

The Ford guy walked by us largin it about how he was going to 'cut' someone, what a p***k. To be honest I can't believe they finished with 11 on the pitch, I remember Collier Row about 20 years ago trying to kick their way up the leagues, someone remind me where are they now?