Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Football Abuse Scandal

I'm surprised that this hasn't surfaced before after all these years, they're comparing it to Savile but isn't that an exaggeration:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38090926

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2260700/barry-bennell-cops-raid-footballs-jimmy-savile/

I'm afraid only the tip of the ice-berg has been discovered so far.

Like Saville and Operation Yew-Tree, I'm positive there is far more to come.

Lets hope the F.A. don't do their usual 'head in the sand' stunt !

I was shocked to hear how the Crafty Cockney, Eric Bristow, has been treated over the scandal as if he is a paedophile himself, it's disgusting, I actually made the great man spot on with what he said, why didn't the young players speak out at the time and surely their parents must have noticed something was wrong by their demeanour when they got home.

Sign of the current times, Rhodsey.

We were discussing this matter in the pub yesterday.  There isn't such a stigma these days over being the subject of abuse when young, AND the police tend to take the matter far more seriously than they used too.

That's the problem - the parents clearly didn't notice and the kids were threatened and frightened by their abusers. Bristows' comments that this made them somehow wimps were clearly unacceptable and hence the reaction he elicited.

Abuse is abuse no matter who is involved

How do you define abuse then out of interest as it's probably a lot different to the way other people see it

How do you define abuse then out of interest as it's probably a lot different to the way other people see it

Theres no question verbal abuse is rife in senior football and IMO thats totally unacceptable but players accept it because thats the way it is. I really have been shocked at the sexual abuse allegations, but thats probably me being naive.

Theres no question verbal abuse is rife in senior football and IMO thats totally unacceptable but players accept it because thats the way it is. I really have been shocked at the sexual abuse allegations, but thats probably me being naive.

That was what I was getting at but it has always been very much part and parcel of the beautiful game hasn't it, admittedly sexual hasn't so I think, as you say, it has come as a shock to everyone.