Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Would you rather ....

djwilf

Have a worse team/manager.......if it meant us playing better,entertaining and more productive football?

Think I know what most of you will say here and im in total agreement that winning A trophy this year will be papering over the canyon let alone cracks.

Our attendances, wages, quality of squad and more suggest we are in a position where we are underachieving.     Cant remember where Andy expected us to be as a target...however we must be way off the mark.    8 draws and 10 losses????

The young talent that repeatedly doesnt get played....conistently inconsistent performances...im sure even the most ardent of fans would agree most of what weve seen this year at Donkey Lane has been well below par.

Not sure what our style of play is.....however it is soooo frustrating...and I also wonder how long it should take for a manager to set his stall out....but appears ours has been set in stone.

Would you prefer to have a better manager and worse players if the football served up was basically more entertaining?

I most certainly would.

Intresting post.

I want trophies and the last time we won a trophy was 2008 mwhen we won the Middlesex Charity Cup. (I do not count games where there is only one tie such as George Ruffell memorial trophy). That is 11 years ago.

We now have the chance of winning the leage cup and that cannot be sniffed at. Gruelling ties in the dead of winter. I do agree that the football has been more exciting with other managers and there is no doubt that Andy's tactics leave a lot to be desired but if we pull it off and beat Hornchurc at Aveley in 5-6 weeks time I will consider this to a be a successful season. 

As teams fight to stave of relegation they are going to strengthen their sides and will be harder to beat, possibly, than a team that has little to play for except pride and their place. I have been as critical of Andy as anybody but I can say Andy you bring home a trophy you should be secure for the next few months but please do not play one striker when away from home.

Sorry Steph, but I cannot agree with the comment you made about it being a successful season if we win the league cup, in your opinion.

The league is our bread and butter and Brian Clough always said that he would rather win the league than anything else. Yes, it would be good to win the league cup but this league has been there for the taking and we have not lived up to our billing.

Some say we have a great keeper, very good midfield and talented forwards with the defence being a work in progress. If this is so, then why are we not challenging for the top two places?

We are not consistent and appear to change tactics every week. I do not know why but it certainly doesn't make for good viewing, especially when it's cold. Something has to change.

I do agree with Steph on the importance of winning trophies but I’m not sure I could put up with another season on Leese style football... ten players scattered about the field with absolutely no game plan or pattern that I can see..... As for the original question... formation and tactics are everything... a well organised team can play well above individual talent... I’m not the only one on here saying that Quinton would have this team challenging for the title... I don’t believe Haringey have better players or Merstham but they are well organised.... 

Archived