Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HORNCHURCHFC.COM

andydick

All,

The new website, https://www.hornchurchfc.com/ , is now online.

It's far from complete but it will be updated alongside the current afchornchurch.com with any latest news etc.  So for current info it's fine to use, but for archived info we'll be bringing this across over the coming days and weeks.  The idea is to run them in parallel through May and then stop updating afchornchurch.com from 1st June.  From that date we'll display a splash screen advising folk to head to the new website.

afchornchurch.com will still be around though for at least another year as the domain doesn't expire until May 2020.

----

The look and feel of the new site is quite different.  It's also a lot easier to maintain than afchornchurch.com which is a good thing.  The last/next match sections on the home page for instance are now automatically updated as games finish rather than being manually updated.  There's also more info on the home page in the sidebar on the right - search bar, social media links, next match countdown, fixture calendar plus venue hire and shop links (though the shop is work in progress). 

Most of the other pages are just copies from afchornchurch.com but will either be shown with or without the sidebar.  The only different screen is the fixture page.

The fixtures page has the friendlies on there (plus last season's results on a separate tab).  Clicking on a fixture (click the date) takes you to the match page which is much better formatted than afchornchurch.com.  Clicking a team name takes you to their own profile page with map, address, logo, previous results against us, link to their website + Twitter info.  e.g. Chelmsford City

I don't like the fixtures page - hence I'm working on another version - see the '2019/20 Testing' tab but this will be more onerous to maintain.

----

Please try it out and let me know of any issues. I guarantee there will be problems on some media whether that's small phones, large phones, ipads, tablets, laptops or desktops but let me know on here what they are.  Don't DM me as I want all problems in one place.  I'm aware the player slider on the home page at the bottom doesn't work yet.

Also, if there's additional info you think worth being on the new site then let me know that too.

Finally, as I bring more pages across I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy you have done a great job with the site. People must remember the work that goes in to this it just does not magically appear thus thanks for the time you have taken to do this your efforts are appreciated.

Jean and Pete 

Cheers Pete & Jean - much appreciated.

Thanks Mike - email address changed. We'll have a full set of hornchurchfc.com emails set up in the next few days or so.  Car Parking is meant to be indented as it's part of the Car section though I've separated each bit to make it (hopefully) more distinct.

Thanks,
Andy

Updated:

The League Directory page with what I think will be the 22 teams competing in the Bostik Prem next season.  I've assumed the 5 departees will just be replaced by the 5 additions but the overall structure still has to be agreed by the FA.
Clicking on a team crest takes you to their profile page.

Removed the 2018/19 results from the Fixtures page and added them to the Season Archive.  Click on the 2018/19 link to see the results, table, player stats, attendances and progress graph.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be being a bit picky here, but on the iPhone, the badge on the top of the home page has some white patches and is a little bit blurry compared to say the use of the one on the news story about the supporters match.

1DE99746-CC33-4BD3-B8E4-15DB2B88007B.png

• 3 months later...

All,

A quick update ...

We have been supplied with the Age-gating code by BetVictor which is to be added to all websites.  The idea being that when you go onto the website it asks whether you are over 18.  If you click yes it then shows the BV logo (in our case below the main slider).  If you say No the question disappears and no logo is shown.

The code has been implemented but it's garbage.  There are a number of issues:

- the Opt-in question appears on every single page, whether or not the logo code is on there or not. This is different to Pitchero websites.
- if we opt-in on the home page, the logo appears. If we then refresh the home page it asks the question again. It should remember the reply at least for the current session. Again, this is different from the way it works on the Pitchero websites.
- the BV logo displayed on our website is different to the logo on Pitchero sites
- on our site, the logo links through to betvictor.com. On Pitchero websites it links through to betvictoristhmian.co.uk

I've fed this back to the Isthmian league.  The code will stay on there for today so they can see what a mess they've made, after which I'll remove it.

Andy

Archived