Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase First Qualifying Round - Fri/Sat 30/31 Aug & Sun 1 Sept

Just to save Rhodes posting.?...here is my report from last night...as reported in the non league forum. Really enjoyed my visits to Park View with the exception of the injury. 

Park View 1 West Essex 4 
FA Vase First Q Rd. Att: 31 (h/c) 
Admission £7 Programme £2 for 16 pages (Last 3 were blank) . Nicely produced but little meaningful content and at 2 quid a rip off . However, at least Park View bother to produce. 

At the second time of asking we finally saw this tie concluded after the original encounter on Friday was curtailed due to serious injury suffered by a West Essex player late on. It turns out the guy has a double break and had to wait almost 2 hours for an ambulance to arrive, I hope his recovery is swift. 
As for the re staging (Not a replay as stated on the programme cover), it followed a similar pattern as the first in West Essex enjoyed decent possession but fell behind to a well taken goal. However they swiftly equalised then took a just as swift lead and never looked like surrendering it.  
The hosts led in the half hour with a free kick on the left played into the box. The control on the chest and subsequent half volley into the back of the net was real class. However within 8 minutes West Essex levelled. A good through ball was missed by a home defender and the grateful visiting forward opened his body well and placed the ball across the keeper into the far corner. Within 4 minutes the tie was turned in its head, with a good build up down the right and the subsequent low cross was turned in at the near post for an own goal although to be fair 2 West Essex players were in a good position to finish had he not made a touch.  
The second half started with West Essex in ascendency and the added to their lead on 57 with a good pass finding the forward who held off a challenge before driving home to the keepers right. They added a fourth on 70 with a well taken effort from a tight angle after the winger had cut in from the right and most were expecting a cross. After that it felt the visitors would add more and would have added one except for an outstanding save by the home keeper turning away a powerful drive from 10 yards. For a small guy he is an excellent keeper, dominating his box and not afraid to come for crosses. 
In the end it was comfortable for West Essex who at step 5 are one level above their hosts.  
I would recommend Park View as a visit to anyone who has yet to do so. Although the crowd (Appeared less than half the original tie) is scattered around the cavernous stand and there is a track, the view is good and on both visits I found those running Park View to be very friendly and welcoming.

Thanks for that Ian H, unfortunately one SSML Club less in the now complete Second Qualifying Round draw:

Buildbase FA Vase Second Round Qualifying (Sat 14 Sept, 3.00pm unless stated)

AFC Hayes v London Tigers

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Rugby Borough

Bedford v Bedfont & Feltham

Broadfields United v Hanworth Villa (Fri 13 Sept, 7.45pm)

Buckingham Athletic v Hillingdon

Colney Heath v Haverhill Rovers

Crawley Green v Winslow United

Edgware Town v Eynesbury Rovers

Enfield 1893 v Enfield Borough

FC Broxbourne Borough v Wivenhoe Town

Harborough Town v Hillingdon Borough

Harefield United v Rothwell Corinthians

Langford v Hackney Wick

London Colney v Baldock Town

Long Crendon v Leighton Town (Sun 15 Sept, 1.00pm)

Lutterworth Town v Amersham Town

Milton Keynes Robins FC v Fleet Spurs

New Salamis v Tower Hamlets (Fri 13 Sept, 7.45pm)

North Greenford United v Oxhey Jets

Stanway Rovers v Wodson Park

Wembley v Risborough Rangers

10 hours ago, Ian H said:

Just to save Rhodes posting.?...here is my report from last night...as reported in the non league forum. Really enjoyed my visits to Park View with the exception of the injury. 

Park View 1 West Essex 4 
FA Vase First Q Rd. Att: 31 (h/c) 
Admission £7 Programme £2 for 16 pages (Last 3 were blank) . Nicely produced but little meaningful content and at 2 quid a rip off . However, at least Park View bother to produce. 

At the second time of asking we finally saw this tie concluded after the original encounter on Friday was curtailed due to serious injury suffered by a West Essex player late on. It turns out the guy has a double break and had to wait almost 2 hours for an ambulance to arrive, I hope his recovery is swift. 
As for the re staging (Not a replay as stated on the programme cover), it followed a similar pattern as the first in West Essex enjoyed decent possession but fell behind to a well taken goal. However they swiftly equalised then took a just as swift lead and never looked like surrendering it.  
The hosts led in the half hour with a free kick on the left played into the box. The control on the chest and subsequent half volley into the back of the net was real class. However within 8 minutes West Essex levelled. A good through ball was missed by a home defender and the grateful visiting forward opened his body well and placed the ball across the keeper into the far corner. Within 4 minutes the tie was turned in its head, with a good build up down the right and the subsequent low cross was turned in at the near post for an own goal although to be fair 2 West Essex players were in a good position to finish had he not made a touch.  
The second half started with West Essex in ascendency and the added to their lead on 57 with a good pass finding the forward who held off a challenge before driving home to the keepers right. They added a fourth on 70 with a well taken effort from a tight angle after the winger had cut in from the right and most were expecting a cross. After that it felt the visitors would add more and would have added one except for an outstanding save by the home keeper turning away a powerful drive from 10 yards. For a small guy he is an excellent keeper, dominating his box and not afraid to come for crosses. 
In the end it was comfortable for West Essex who at step 5 are one level above their hosts.  
I would recommend Park View as a visit to anyone who has yet to do so. Although the crowd (Appeared less than half the original tie) is scattered around the cavernous stand and there is a track, the view is good and on both visits I found those running Park View to be very friendly and welcoming.

Good stuff :thumbup(2):

There's an interesting thread on another Forum where anoraks are debating the apparent drop in attendance figures for FA Vase ties, I can't say that I noticed anything 'untoward' regarding the ties involving 'our' Club's last weekend although the attendance at Park View on Wednesday evening was less than half of what it was for the abandoned game the previous Friday:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=945815;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=323746687