Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tring Athletic

https://www.tafc.co.uk/news-r.php#id2262

Following on from the News item released on Tuesday 16th March regarding management of the First Team, the club is pleased to announce the appointment of our new First Team Manager Ryan Sturges.

Ryan joins us after a successful spell at Dunstable Town as Assistant Manager and, of course, has a long association with Tring Athletic FC as a former player and friend of the club. He is well connected in the non-league world and is a very knowledgeable and ambitious young Manager. He is also an extremely personable individual, who understands how the clubs works and its values. We look forward to working with Ryan to achieve our shared ambitions. Watch out for further announcements shortly when Ryan will confirm his management team. 

The club would like to thank Dunstable Town for their understanding with this appointment.

Finally, we are delighted to confirm that Chris Juraszek will be remaining at the club which is very good news. Chris will be helping Michael Church with the reserves, and his experience will be invaluable. He will also be helping to deliver a number of key operational and strategic initiatives. 

03421116-C191-4E3A-B60D-8E6F4FF08308.jpeg

2 hours ago, Arsenal fan said:

I see ex Tring supremo Howard  "Conference football in 5 years" Wells has resurfaced on a video at bulbournecross.co.uk backing the plan to put Berkhamsted Raiders in a step2/3 stadium at Bourne End. What could possibly go wrong?

It would be a great facility for the town and the majority of residents won’t be aware of the potential damage to Berko Town as a result. I don’t think they’ll have a choice in the end. Their landlords probably won’t extend the lease beyond the build date for the Bourne End and I assume the sale from Broadwater for housing funds the charity’s cost for the new venture. 

10 hours ago, Arsenal fan said:

I see ex Tring supremo Howard  "Conference football in 5 years" Wells has resurfaced on a video at bulbournecross.co.uk backing the plan to put Berkhamsted Raiders in a step2/3 stadium at Bourne End. What could possibly go wrong?

Arsenal Fan - Yes, you're right, thanks for bringing that to our attention:

Bulbourne Cross

On 21/03/2021 at 21:34, Rhodes said:

Tring Athletic Reserves lock horns with Standon & Puckeridge on Saturday 3 April at Cow Lane 

Tring Athletic Reserves entertained Standon & Puckeridge this afternoon (3 April) in the first of their Herts Senior County League Division One Cup Group D fixtures, it was a very disappointing outcome with the visitors winning 5-0 leaving Ian Butler's men already facing an uphill task to qualify from the group:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

A nice messege from Tring Athletic Chairman Bob Winter:

Hope every one is well, and have got through lockdown ok. Its encouraging that things seem to be getting better and regulations are easing hopefully well all get back to doing what we love soon.
I must start with the changes to the First Team management, which hopefully youve been kept up to date with via the website and social media. Making a change is always difficult, but the Executive Committee agreed that the course of action taken was the right one. That said, I must extend my thanks to Chris for what he has achieved with limited resources. On a personal level, without trying to flatter him too much, Ive found Chris to be one of lifes real gentleman a rare thing. So you can imagine how pleased I was when he agreed to my request to stay on at the club. Chris will be helping Michael with the Reserves, and also providing support to me on a number of initiatives.
As you will know, Ryan Sturges (here after referred to as Sturg) joins from us Dunstable Town as our new First Team Manager. Sturg is a very ambitious young manager and we are very fortunate to have secured him. I can tell you that he has assembled an impressive looking management team, which will be announced shortly pending some final conversations, and has an exciting plan in place which weve walked through. I must also thank the Chairman and Committee at Dunstable Town for their understanding with this appointment.
Off the pitch, things are also moving at pace. Investment in our facilities continues with further upgrades of the clubhouse, including the installation of two 70 TVs! When all the work is complete we will be rebranding the clubhouse as Eldos Sports Bar in honour of the club legend that is Mick Eldridge. We want Eldos to become the go to destination in Tring to watch sports, and it will be a great facility for members and supporters. We are currently hatching plans for the grand opening of Eldos which will be a fantastic club event, hopefully in May. Alongside this, we are putting plans in place for the big switch on of our fantastic new floodlights when things allow these are things to really look forward to.
Thats about it for now, but expect further updates as plans continue to crystalise. Heres looking forward to the new season a really exciting prospect I think.
Onwards & upwards.
Cheers
Bob

Tring Athletic Football Club (tafc.co.uk)

• 1 month later...

I'm assuming that TringArmy is one of the goalkeepers in this photograph of the Veterans team ahead of their fixture against Berkhamsted FC Veterans on Saturday 22 May at Cow Lane, kick off 3.00pm:

Billede

• 2 months later...

Tring Athletic haven't been featured for sometime on here however they deserve to be this evening following their 3-0 demolition of Western League Premier Division Keynsham Town in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Road with goals from Olly Butler, Chris Blunden and Tommy Twelves. There is some excellent coverage on the Club's Twitter page however the down side is that Ryan Sturges men now have to travel to Hellenic League Premier Division Bishop's Cleeve in the Preliminary Round, located near Cheltenham, who beat Cleveden Town AFC 6-1 this afternoon at their small Kayte Lane base:

Tring Athletic FC (@tringathletic) / Twitter

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A bit late but Episode two of the interesting From The Dugout from October last year:

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs and match report from a 2016/17 SSML Premier Division fixture, at Brickfield Lane on Thursday 13 April 2017, between Hadley and Tring Athletic resulting in a 2-1 win for the visitors, Thomas Twelves and Chris Vardy netted. London Colney won the Championship that season with Tring Athletic finishing a creditable 5th albeit 22 points beind the Cotlandswick Club: 

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=2997

Hadley FC vs Tring Athletic FC

• 1 year later...

An excellent 'Around The Ground' feature by groundhopper Chris White on Tring Athletic who was at Cow Lane for the pre-season friendly fixture with Aylesbury United on Saturday 16 July 2022: