Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 8 February - Results & Reports

Just now, petethegreek said:

Also confirmed last night in the Edgware Town Boardroom. ?

You haven't changed at all in all these years have you, I remember you always loved to rub shoulders in boardrooms and chew the fat

On 11/02/2020 at 00:00, petethegreek said:

That would be the Assistant Referee in front of the Technical Areas so not me.

Never mind, Rhodes. Pick up your case as you cannot rest it on this occasion. 

Probably too full of Danish bacon  !!

?

Big J R - I'm staying in a town called Kolding, just down the road from the stadium where Jan Mølby started his illustrious career at Kolding IF before moving to Ajax and then Anfield

On 08/02/2020 at 18:33, Rhodes said:
Saturday 8 February
Division One
FC Broxbourne Borough 3 Buckingham Athletic 2

Excellent Sports Shots coverage of this one:

https://sportsshots.org.uk/2020/02/13/ssmfl-d1-fc-broxbourne-borough-3-2-buckingham-athletic/

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 18:33, Rhodes said:
Saturday 8 February
Division Two
Unite MK 0 Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3

Pitstone & Ivinghoe's hat trick hero Jervon Campbell last week at Manor Fields:

Billede

Saturday 8 February
Division Two
New Bradwell St Peter 2 Codicote 4

A match report from this one last week:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/newbradwellstpeterfc/teams/236616/match-centre/1-4963538/report

The results:
Saturday 8 February
Division Two
Buckingham United 1 Aston Clinton 7 

An anorak from another Forum was at this one and pens an interesting report, I'm sure Dave McArdle was at Ruislip Manor and Tokyngton Manor back in the day:

South Midlands League 2 : Buckingham United 1 Aston Clinton 7. Free admission; £2 programme. Attendance : 25
I decided to try and get back to base before the worst of Storm Ciara kicked in, so settled on the 75 mile journey to the third ground I'd visited in Buckingham, just the 36 years having passed since my first which was the FA Cup 1st round at Ford Meadow when Orient beat Buckingham Town 2-0.
Lace Hill is rather more prosaic but progressing nicely. Located next to Lace Hill Academy school at the end of a new estate on the south-eastern edge of town, it's simply a railed-off pitch on a fairly exposed plateau with some banking down the far side. I was able to get a cuppa from a table set up in one of the side entrances pre-match from where the programmes were also sold - a nice-looking 20 page glossy shell with a single sheet match insert containing the squads, up to date table and recent results; more than adequate for the paper obsessive. Speaking of which, who should I spot as I pulled up in the ample car-park - none other than our old mate Funky Pigeon 1963. A small tea-bar was available in the centre at half-time with hot and cold drinks, basic snacks and some nice pastries.
Also spotted on arrival was my old chum Dave McArdle, not seen in years, who is secretary of the visitors. We chatted with some home officials who informed me that the club, only formed in 2011, had worked their way through the North Bucks League before recent entry into the SML. Today was tough for the home side as they started 4th bottom of the 15-team league against 4th placed Aston Clinton and against a stiff breeze, the visitors turned round two up. With the wind in the second period, it was pretty much one-way traffic though the home team did score a penalty when three behind, but a crazy last ten minutes saw Clinton slam four in against a substitute keeper while the home side had two men sin-binned for arguing among themselves.
As previous visitors have commented, it's a very good pitch (bar the centre circle) and the venue fine on a dry windy day like today, but there would be nowhere to hide should the rain arrive.
A final question posed by Mr McArdle - can you name the current football league manager who has been turning out - and scoring - in the Hellenic League this season.
No incidents on the return route, no ale-stops so key in door for a ridiculously early 17.15

On 08/02/2020 at 18:33, Rhodes said:
Saturday 8 February
Division Two
The 61FC (Luton) 0 Tring Corinthians AFC 3

Beleaguered The 61FC (Luton) don't get much coverage on here, an anorak from another Forum was at their game with Tring Corinthians AFC two weeks ago and pens an interesting summary:

Spartan South Midlands League Division 2 The 61 FC Luton 0 Tring Corinthians 3 No programme or admittance charge. Attendance listed as 12, although I counted 18.

Tucked away in the northern suburbs of Luton, this basic recreation ground is easy to miss off one way Beverley Road as there is no sign at the entrance. It is about 150 yards on the right.
There is a car park here big enough for players, officials and the handful of spectators who attend their games. Beyond this is a modest building which houses both the changing rooms and a small clubhouse. On the far side of this is a small covered area with a concrete base. A grass bank runs beyond this for the length of the pitch with three park benches spaced along the top. Dugouts are on the other side of the pitch which is railed off on all four sides.
I have never finished the SSML before despite The 61 being members since 1973. Sadly they are bottom of the table and looked like a very poor team in a desperate game not helped by a very eccentric display by the referee. The first half was absolutely dire and of a lower standard than many of the Coventry and District Sunday League games I used to referee. Indeed travelling companion Lord Clee of Tile Hill commented that the standard was well below the Coventry Alliance, which competition he watches regularly - this despite it being two levels higher (Level 7 as opposed to a nominal Level 9). No doubt I shall be corrected if I have got this wrong.
Once Corinthians scored the first goal there was only ever going to be one winner and the always fractious encounter descended into shoving and pushing after the final whistle. Incidentally I have never seen so many overweight players on the pitch before in a game at this level (at least half a dozen).
Pre match refreshments were taken in the excellent Globe, a hard to find little gem in the back streets of Dunstable.