Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United

Over 400 photographs, and match report, from the Hanwell Town v Harefield United Middlesex FA Senior Challenge Cup Final last Wednesday (19 May) at the Bedfont Recreation Ground, courtesy of photographer Chris Benn, Harefield United were extremely unlucky to go down 1-0 to a 73rd minute goal and can be proud of their hard fought performance:

HANWELL TOWN PUT THEIR NAME ON THE SENIOR CUP - Middlesex FA

2021 Senior Challenge Cup Final

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...

Harefield United's pre-season friendly schedule throughout July:

HAREFIELD UNITED PRE SEASON

Sat 10th July v Beaconsfield Town u23s, at Brunel 11.30am KO
Tues 13th July v Hanwell Town, at Brunel 7pm KO
Sat 17th July Away v Ardley United, 3PM KO
Tues 20th July Home v Welwyn Garden City, 7.45pm KO
Sat 24th July Home v Barton Rovers, 3pm KO
Tues 27th July Home v North Greenford United, 7.30pm KO
Sat 31st July Home v Uxbridge, 3pm KO

PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES (harefieldunited.com)

Edited by Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2021 at 22:17, Rhodes said:

HAREFIELD UNITED PRE SEASON
Sat 17th July Away v Ardley United, 3PM KO

Harefield United travel to SSML new boys Ardley United on Saturday (17 July), kick off 3.00pm:

Billede

Following Harefield United's disappointing 3-2 defeat at Ardley United on Saturday (see match report), they now entertain Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, kick off 7.45pm:

https://www.ardleyunitedfc.co.uk/Matchreport.aspx?id=522342

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On 19/07/2021 at 15:29, Rhodes said:

they now entertain Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, kick off 7.45pm

The Wycombe Wanderer was at Preston Park on Tuesday evening and also see Welwyn Garden City's match report in what was a creditable 1-1 draw for Harefield United:

The Wycombe Wanderer: Harefield United - Preston Park (footygrounds.blogspot.com)

Welwyn Garden City Football Club : First Team 1-1 Harefield United (welwyngardencityfc.org.uk)

• 3 weeks later...

Harefield United's team sheet from this afternoon's FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round visit to Hellenic League Premier Division Chipping Sodbury Town where they came away with a hard fought 2-1 win having been a goal behind however, surprise surprise, Richard Pacquette equalised and keeper Reece Mallett later saved a spot kick. Jason Shaw's men now have the honour of entertaining last season's FA Vase finalists Binfield in the Preliminary Round who should still hopefully be down in the mouth after losing to Warrington Rylands at Wembley:

Billede

A very interesting recent interview with Harefield United supremo Jason Shaw who has been in the hot seat at Preston Park for almost six years now:

Harefield United-Jason Shaw (offthepost.uk)

Harefield United Chairman Gary South also gave an interview back in June, it makes for very interesting and refreshing reading, I hope PetetheGreek will see it ?:

Gary South (offthepost.uk)

Name one thing you would like to change in the game?

The offside law. I’d go back to linos, sorry, referees assistants putting their flag up when someone is in an offside position as the ball is played forward and let the ref decide if it’s offside or not. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Harefield United Chairman Gary South also gave an interview back in June, it makes for very interesting and refreshing reading, I hope PetetheGreek will see it ?:

Gary South (offthepost.uk)

Name one thing you would like to change in the game?

The offside law. I’d go back to linos, sorry, referees assistants putting their flag up when someone is in an offside position as the ball is played forward and let the ref decide if it’s offside or not. 

:laughabove:

Savagebee will no doubt recall some of these Harefield United players from a 2001/02 FA Vase Second Qualifying Round tie against Harpenden Town, at Preston Park on Saturday 22 September 2001. Harefield United won a thrilling encounter 5-4 and progressed to beat Wingate & Finchley after a replay before bowing out of the competition to the later scandal hit and defunct Croydon Athletic at Preston Park: 

Image 11 - Harefield United v Harpenden Town 22/09/01 FA Vase Qualifying 2nd Round

• 2 weeks later...

I see striker Lenny Farhall got a big money move ? to Uxbridge FC in the summer. A decent player ? I will be interested to see how he does at Step 4 level.

• 4 months later...

A very nice article in The Sun newspapaper on Monday (10 January) on Richard Pacquette:

Billede

On 28/08/2021 at 14:46, Savagebee said:

I see striker Lenny Farhall got a big money move ? to Uxbridge FC in the summer. A decent player ? I will be interested to see how he does at Step 4 level.

I too was interested, but it didn't seem to last long because before Christmas he'd turned out for Ascot Utd and now seems to be at Southall with a certain Lewis Putman (who's currently injured). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2022 at 18:09, View from the Boundary said:

I too was interested, but it didn't seem to last long because before Christmas he'd turned out for Ascot Utd and now seems to be at Southall with a certain Lewis Putman (who's currently injured). 

Interesting.... ?

• 3 months later...

Going back a bit here but does anybody remember watching IocaI Iads Christopher Creasey and Ray AshpIant pIafor HarefieId United back in the day when it was proper footbaII and you couId actuaIIy tackIe for the baII:

May be an image of 2 people and outdoors

On 28/08/2021 at 14:46, Savagebee said:

On 12/01/2022 at 18:09, View from the Boundary said:

On 23/01/2022 at 18:39, Savagebee said:

Interesting.... ?

Scored 10 goals in 29 games for promoted Southall FC.