Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United

I see that Harefield United are offering a groundshare opportunity for next season at Preston Park, does that mean Broadfields United will be leaving:

Groundshare opportunity at Preston Park for 2020-21 season. DM for more details

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Broadfields are moving in to Rayners Lane next season, hence the vacancy. 

Brentham FC of the Middlesex County Premier Division have shown some interest I'm told.

Savagebee - I can imagine that Gary South, the Harefield United Chairman, will be knocked over in the rush and he will be able to name his price won't he, Preston Park is a great venue although they get their fair share of postponements during the winter

https://www.harefieldunited.com/news/ground-share-available-at-preston-park-for-202021-2520024.html

5 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I can imagine that Gary South, the Harefield United Chairman, will be knocked over in the rush and he will be able to name his price won't he, Preston Park is a great venue although they get their fair share of postponements during the winter

https://www.harefieldunited.com/news/ground-share-available-at-preston-park-for-202021-2520024.html

Agree lots of clubs especially Step 7 clubs are looking for a ground so that they can make the jump to Step 6 but yes it will come at a price and for me it just isn't always worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 00:53, Ian H said:

Broadfields are moving in to Rayners Lane next season, hence the vacancy. 

I was just wondering whether Harefield United have had any groundshare takers for next season as yet at Preston Park, as Savagebee said it would suit a Step Seven Club particularly from the Middlesex County League Premier Division where most games are fairly close by. The trouble is visiting Club's raise their game don't they when visiting such salubrious surroundings as Berkhamsted Raiders have found to their cost this season playing at Kings Langley.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I was just wondering whether Harefield United have had any groundshare takers for next season as yet at Preston Park, as Savagebee said it would suit a Step Seven Club particularly from the Middlesex County League Premier Division where most games are fairly close by. The trouble is visiting Club's raise their game don't they when visiting such salubrious surroundings as Berkhamsted Raiders have found to their cost this season playing at Kings Langley.

I'm sure Harefield United FC have had good few offers.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 16:06, petethegreek said:

Berkhamsted Raiders?

So will they be leaving King Langley then, surely Preston Park would be too far for them to travel every other Saturday and for midweek fixtures as well as for all their opponents in Division Two

A very interesting piece by Harefield United supremo Jason Shaw, somehow 'drawing on the positives' of the 2019/20 campaign being declared null and void, I'm not sure everyone will share his view:

https://www.harefieldunited.com/teams/68463/news/we-have-learnt-a-lot-about-the-league-which-will-h-2525919.html

And Harefield United Chairman Gary South's gives his interesting view, Mr South has been on the Committee at Preston Park since 1982 and Chairman of the oldest Club in Middlesex since 2015 but he won't have experienced anything quite like this before:

https://www.harefieldunited.com/news/my-immediate-reaction-was-one-of-relief-gary-south-reacts-to-the-fas-decision-to-void-seasons-of-leagues-in-steps-36-of-nonleague-football-2525843.html

• 2 weeks later...

Preston Park also looking superb at the moment, the Hares would have been in Premier Division action there against their tenants Broadfields United yesterday had the Coronavirus not struck:

• 5 weeks later...

Over 200 photographs from Harefield United v Winslow United on the first day of last season, 4 August 2018, a day that commemorated Harefield United's 150 year existence having been formed in 1868. The Club are the oldest in Middlesex as well as one of the oldest in the World, they won the game 4-1 despite being behind at the break:

Harefield United v Winslow United

Over 350 photographs from the 2018 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final between Harefield United and Broadfields United, at Harrow Borough FC on 1 May 2018, which Broadfields United won 1-0:

2018 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final

And YouTube coverage of that 2017/18 Final at the Earlsmead Stadium: 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 19:39, Rhodes said:

4 August 2018, a day that commemorated Harefield United's 150 year existence having been formed in 1868. The Club are the oldest in Middlesex as well as one of the oldest in the World

I see that there was a thread created two years or so ago, when there was a tidal wave of publicity to highlight Harefield United's 150 year existence, but sadly nobody bothered to post on it, not many Club's in the World can celebrate a 150 year birthday:

TLFG: 30 July - 5 August 2018 Spartan South Midlands League Division 1

Harefield United v Winslow United @3pm - it's a huge day at Preston Park where the hosts celebrate their 150th anniversary which makes them one of the oldest clubs in the world. They want you to join them in marking the day and have made it free entry to all

Over 150 photographs from the 2013/2014 SSML Premier Division fixture between Hanwell Town and Harefield United at Reynolds Field, on Tuesday 15 April 2014, that saw Hanwell Town clinch the Championship with a 3-0 win:

Hanwell Town 3 Harefield United 0 Spartan South Midlands League

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Over 150 photographs from the 2013/2014 SSML Premier Division fixture between Hanwell Town and Harefield United at Reynolds Field, on Tuesday 15 April 2014, that saw Hanwell Town clinch the Championship with a 3-0 win:

Hanwell Town 3 Harefield United 0 Spartan South Midlands League

I've still got that flag and one of those shirts ?

Great memories thanks Rhodes ?

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 19:39, Rhodes said:

4 August 2018, a day that commemorated Harefield United's 150 year existence having been formed in 1868. The Club are the oldest in Middlesex as well as one of the oldest in the World

Nice photographs from the 150 year celebration match at Preston Park with Winslow United on 4 August 2018 and a presentation to Club Officials from the Middlesex FA:

Harefield 150 presentation

37 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Nice photographs from the 150 year celebration match at Preston Park with Winslow United on 4 August 2018 and a presentation to Club Officials from the Middlesex FA:

Harefield 150 presentation

That looks like Uxbridge FCs main stand?