Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 29/30 September - SSML Results/Reports

28 minutes ago, agamemnon3 said:

S -- thank you.  Freedom is quite a relief, but it does come tinged with a little sadness.  I hadn't really intended to resign, but midway through Wednesday's meeting I realised that enough was enough.  The Club in question have recently appointed a new Chairman.  He is a complete oaf.  A noisy, self-important blusterer who shouts and whines and starts insulting people whenever he doesn't get his own way.  He has no manners, no self-awareness, and no sense whatsoever of how to conduct himself.  This is not to say that he hasn't done some good things at the Club.  He has, and takes every available opportunity to ensure that everyone knows about it.  Call me a snob, if you wish, but while in my working life I had sometimes to put up with people like this, in retirement I can see no reason why I should have to tolerate them at all.  As you say, I will miss the other members of the committee, who are good and decent men, and I regret that.  But it's done now, and it's right that I should move on. 

And, because I know that you're all wondering, (!), tomorrow the plan is to attend an Essex Senior League game between two ex-SSML sides.  Although the way the rain is coming down at the moment, I might be lucky to get a game in at all...        

Fair enough.

Hope you get to see and enjoy your game tomorrow weather permitting.

On 01/10/2020 at 02:32, agamemnon3 said:

I'll see you at Harefield on Tuesday. We can count the crowd together. If we have time, that is, what with all those goals flying in...    

Agamemnon3 - So did you see GRS67 at Preston Park this evening, you were right about the goals