Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 14/15 December - SSML Results/Reports

The midweek fixtures:

Tuesday 14 December (kick off 7.45pm unless stated)

SSML Challenge Trophy Second Round
Ampthill Town v Leighton Town
Ardley United v Amersham Town (kick off 7.30pm)
Bedford v Wellingborough Whitworth
Hadley v Broadfields United
Holmer Green v Long Crendon
Leverstock Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
London Tigers v Flackwell Heath (kick off 7.30pm)
Risborough Rangers v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Hertfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup Second Round
Royston Town v Oxhey Jets

Wednesday 15 December (kick Off 7.45pm)

Baldock Town v Langford

The results, no wonder View From The Boundary hasn't come on: 

Tuesday 14 December 

Ampthill Town 3 Leighton Town 2
Ardley United 2 Amersham Town 0
Bedford 1 Wellingborough Whitworth 2
Hadley 7 Broadfields United 1
Holmer Green 2 Long Crendon 2 (Long Crendon win 5-3 on pens)
Leverstock Green 1 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 (Leverstock Green win 5-3 on pens)
London Tigers 0 Flackwell Heath 4
Risborough Rangers 4 Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3

Hertfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup Second Round
Royston Town 10 Oxhey Jets 0

Tuesday 14th December

THE GLADWISH CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

(3-0) 3-2 Ampthill Town v Leighton Town (Holmes, Mead, Fullerton) / (Kerr, Bryant) Attendance: 254

(0-0) 2-0 Ardley United v Amersham Town (Willoughby, Howards) Attendance: 48

1-2 Bedford v Wellingborough Whitworth (Amadi) / (Movell, Iasalire) Attendance: 40

(4-0) 7-1 Hadley v Broadfields United (J Edwards [2], Ofori [2], Ferguson, Samuels, White) / (Peter) Attendance: 71

(1-1) 2-2 [3-5 pens] Holmer Green v Long Crendon (Unknown) / (Hall, Shrimpton) Attendance: 32

(0-1) 1-1 [5-3 pens] Leverstock Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos (Siemienczuk) / (Haule) Attendance: 44

(0-2) 0-4 London Tigers v Flackwell Heath (Higgs, Driffill, Ayres, Shakespeare) Attendance: Unknown

(2-1) 4-3 Risborough Rangers v Pitstone & Ivinghoe (Clark [2], Jewell [2]) / (Hall [3] [1 pen]) Attendance: 90

HERTS SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP Second Round

(7-0) 10-0 Royston Town v Oxhey Jets (Bateman [3], Tavares [2], Titchmarsh [2], Gouldbourne [2], Murray) Attendance: 141

Half Time score shown first in brackets

I would have been happy with one postponement ? Family emergency meant I missed my first game since Kingstonian away, and missed all but 1 game before that recovering from surgery so wasn't at Salamis for the other 10-0 either. As soon as I saw my old work colleague Matt Bateman's name on the teamsheet I feared the worst, he's a top lad and knows where the goal is. Watch us go and give Risborough a right good go on Saturday now ?

The surprise result this evening: 

Wednesday 15 December 

Baldock Town 3 Langford 5

Hadley v Broadfields United 7-1

Following Saturday's miserable effort at distant Fakenham, it was back to the usual routine for Hadley, although in this case BU made it absurdly easy for them with some suicidal defending.  Indeed, to call it 'schoolboy defending' would be disrespectful to schoolboys everywhere.

Goals on 6, 11, 13 and 20 meant that once again the contest was over well before half-time, with all four goals down to ridiculous defensive errors.  The BU coaching staff were so displeased that they wouldn't allow the team the comforts of the dressing room at the interval, but instead made them all sit down at one of the corner flags and listen to a lecture on their inadequacies.

This may have had some effect, as BU perked up a little, and pulled a goal back on 48 minutes.  The enthusiasm didn't last however, and further goals for Hadley followed on 54, 66 and 75.  On to round three...

Broadfields are a decent side, and are capable of much better than this, although, as someone nearby was heard to remark, 'If you don't start bloody playing until you're bloody 4-0 down then it's going to be a bloody long season'.

And who could possibly argue with that ?

Regular readers will know that I am not normally one to deal in idle gossip, but this evening I heard something that may be of interest.

At Silver Jubilee Park, (Hendon U18s 1 Woodford Town U18s 7), I learned that quite recently, following some ill-judged and offensive remarks about his fellow committee members, the esteemed GRS67, formerly of this parish, was informed that he is no longer welcome at Edgware Town FC.  It is believed that he is now gracing Rayners Lane FC with his presence.

Ah well, life goes on... 

18 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Regular readers will know that I am not normally one to deal in idle gossip, but this evening I heard something that may be of interest.

At Silver Jubilee Park, (Hendon U18s 1 Woodford Town U18s 7), I learned that quite recently, following some ill-judged and offensive remarks about his fellow committee members, the esteemed GRS67, formerly of this parish, was informed that he is no longer welcome at Edgware Town FC.  It is believed that he is now gracing Rayners Lane FC with his presence.

Ah well, life goes on... 

Agamemnon3 - From what I understand GRS67's painstaking work wasn't being appreciated at Edgware Town and, following some tame (not offensive) remarks he was, not for the first time, unfairly informed that he was not welcome at the Club he loves and has followed since a boy. As you appropriately pointed out, he is now gracing high flying Combined Counties League Division One Rayners Lane and has been welcomed with open arms at Tithe Farm, he has already transformed the Club's social media side beyond all recognition: 

The Green Green Grass of Home : BANNED (Again!) (edgwaretown.blogspot.com)

58744banned.jpg BANNED!

Edited by Rhodes