Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction League - Playoff winner. See you next season.

Jago

Evening all.   (Or good morning, if you are sensibly already retired for the night).

I feel slightly awkward posting this after yesterday's play-off defeat to Cheshunt as it seems a bit of a distraction. But hey, ya gotta do what ya'v gotta do.   As to the big match, it just wasn't to be on the day.  So well done Cheshunt, but more importantly, well done to all the Hornchurch players and staff for another great season.  Thanks to you all.   And also many thanks to all the volunteers who work so hard behind the scenes to make the match day experience so good down the Bridge.  And that includes Dinamo.   (I feel like I'm doing an Oscar winner's "thankyou speech", obvs without actually having won yer actual Oscar!)

Meanwhile the Prediction League playoff final was, unsurprisingly, a bit of a damp squib, with neither team finding their full form. (OK - to translate -  they were both utterly cr@p on the day, with Fat Tom slightly less cr@p than the Ozzster).  It ended :

Dazedandconfused (Ozz)   3-5   Daley's Dream Team (Fat Tom)

So we welcome Fat Tom back to the elite next year (assuming enough teams for 12 in Div 1).  And the lesser lights of Div 2 can enjoy the royalty that is Ozz slumming it in the Vase Division for another season, enjoying the magnificent surroundings of the marble-halled Ozz Park when they play away.

SO - Thank you to all who played and contributed, and to winner Cool Hand Luke, who has maintained tradition by passing his (highly theoretical) winnings back into the pot. He does get a free go next year mind, and I believe is having a special flag made to this effect as we speak.

Anyway, we will be able to contribute £235 to the Supporters' Association.  Not huge by Chelsea standards, but every little counts, and I still have £10 pending on the Aged Debtors' List.  Biggest single (anonymous) contributor paid £30 - so extra thanks to him/her/they/them/us/you/whatever.

Let's assume this carries on next year - but if anyone wants to have a go at "running it" (a.k.a making it up as you go along) -  do let me know.  Full training will be given and it will (possibly) count towards your community service/scouts/guides/Duke of Edinburgh Bronze badge.

Up The Urchins.  See you next season

Jago

Oh yeah, and here's the role of honour...

image.png.78e4c3fa4ff5dd145c1f125e9a46152c.png

Edited by Jago

On 04/05/2022 at 12:22, COYS1961 said:

Thanks jage 

it really is a pleasure to be part of this fantastically run shamble’s.

Can,t  wait to knock Luke off the large perch he has put himself on.

?

Bring your big boy boots ;)