Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brightlingsea Regent v Enfield Town

seemgee

Hi everyone,

Well done to The Town on a resounding, very welcome 0-4 win at Brightlingsea last night, which has lifted us up to 8th in the Table and boosted everyone's hopes and expectations for the new season, after a somewhat disappointing start to the 22-23 campaign.

After just four weeks and six matches, it is far too early to draw conclusions or make predictions, particularly as there have been quite a few changes to our first team squad, in the close season, with players coming and going. Sad as it is to bid farewell to some of our favourites, who have moved on to play in higher divisions, Andy Leese has done a great job recruiting some excellent replacements, including the return of some former Town players.

Last night's victory is a good sign we are making progress, with new players bedding in, and our team starting to play to their capabilities.

Well done everyone, let's show what we are really about when we host Canvey Island next Tuesday evening, in our next home league match at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium KO 7.45pm.

Let's have a big turn-out for this match and plenty of noisy Town support and encouragement for Andy and the boys, as they look to deliver another three League points.

See you there.  'COME ON YOU TOWN'

I wasn't intending to make this game as away with work - but a cancellation on a Weds meeting meant I could rush down from Crewe and got there - and really glad I did, it was a very enjoyable game!

6 changes from the Canvey game which I wasnt at, but feedback wasn't complimentary.

We passed it around well, and dominated in the air as well. There were a number of scuffles in the area as we unsettled them .. moments after their no2 pushed Braithwaite to the ground following a corner, he diverted Adam's shot into the goal for 1-0!!

Second half we finished the game off by the hour mark - Coker was MOM for me with a really dominant performance, confident on the ball, scoring 2 goals in 5 mins, one from each side of the pitch. Whatever the reasons for his enforced absence, great to see him back in a towner shirt and it is like a new signing!

Cass came on and hit the post, before LDV curled in the 4th (not Sam as they announced) and from open play not a free kick (he did come very close on a couple!)

Nathan was called into action a couple of times and did well, pleased for us to keep the clean sheet.

Pleased to see Joe Payne back - as I understand it not dual reg with Cheshunt but ours! He played really well, some lovely touches.

Deyton had some nice link up play, Spencer looked confident on the right.

Scott T back after injury, Sammy impressive as always ...

Shame LDV was sent off at the end .. with Nathan having been clattered similarly minutes before could have been a yellow, but it was an unecessary challenge at 4-0, and their players made a real noise about it and possibly persuaded the ref ...

Brightlingseas are not going to be up there challenging, but we have a bad record there - I can still remember the 1-2 last minute defeat in April there ... so great confidence boosting performance ...

So despite a mixed start we are only just out of the play off places ... Well done All!