Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Herne Bay v ETFC

Blimey, has everyone taken a large dose of optimism? Most positive thread ever...long may it continue, hopefully it's not normal service resumed by 10pm tomorrow 😁

Edited by Barney

2 hours ago, Barney said:

Blimey, has everyone taken a large dose of optimism? Most positive thread ever...long may it continue, hopefully it's not normal service resumed by 10pm tomorrow 😁

Calm down - I'm still fairly pessimistic! I think we will need a lot of things to go our way to win tomorrow evening - and even more if we're to make the play-offs. Our problem has always been challenging the well-organised sides at the top of the table. Our long ball game will be meat and drink to the Hornchurch, Stortford, Aveley and Horsham defences. They won't allow Cass/Cunnington to bully them and will be able to recycle the ball quickly.

Last I heard, Hornchurch were still missing Spence and Nash - who are important players. Unfortunately Higgins looks to be available.

Perhaps tomorrow, or if not then maybe over the rest of the run-in we must be due some luck!

11 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Calm down - I'm still fairly pessimistic! I think we will need a lot of things to go our way to win tomorrow evening - and even more if we're to make the play-offs. Our problem has always been challenging the well-organised sides at the top of the table. Our long ball game will be meat and drink to the Hornchurch, Stortford, Aveley and Horsham defences. They won't allow Cass/Cunnington to bully them and will be able to recycle the ball quickly.

Last I heard, Hornchurch were still missing Spence and Nash - who are important players. Unfortunately Higgins looks to be available.

Perhaps tomorrow, or if not then maybe over the rest of the run-in we must be due some luck!

I tend to agree TCC, we do struggle against the better sides - Stortford at home last season springs to mind, where we spent 90 minutes pinging long balls at their centre back who was very good in the air and just won everything. As you say, maybe we are due a little bit of luck - I think our best chance in these games is going to be keeping things tight for a period of time, and maybe getting a lucky bounce, or having an individual bit of brilliance (Cunnington's goal on Saturday definitely falls into that category having watched the video). If we concede early, I do fear what the scoreline might end up being... but as I've said before, quite often when we least expect it, the side turns up, is bang on their game, and surprises us, so you never know.