Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Carshalton Athletic

seemgee

After a fairly even first half with us coming under increasing pressure as the half ended the second started as the first finished carshalton totally outplaying us and ending up worthy winners although all 3 goals could have been avoided especially our goalkeepers pass straight to there forward who put it straight back into the net, we couldn’t seem to contain there number 4 who was pulling all the strings for them and was given all the freedom of the pitch by us ,no idea why we didn’t close him down more, our wingers didn’t help much today by not tracking back to help out the fullbacks, unfortunately our subs bench doesn’t seem to have anyone on it who can come on and make a difference it all seems like for like. Most of our players only rated 2 out of 10 for that second half performance apart from youngs who seemed to be everywhere today and didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. On the plus side we haven’t got to play them again for a while 

Think you should mention the high number of half chances for us which didn’t work out today. 

It should be remembered that this is the first defeat for a developing team.

I thought the level of support was much lower than previous games and very few remained to acknowledge the players at the end which is not what we need to progress as a club. 

Here's the thing, I think we've been pretty fortunate with the fixtures so far. Yesterday was the first time we have come up against a 'form team'. With all due respect, we would hope to take points from Potters Bar, Concord and Cray. Folkestone away was a bonus (but they seem to be very much a squad in transition). Halesowen Town will be a similar game against a strong outfit used to winning games. I think we're playing more football this season, have found the right position for Wylie, however I think it is going to take Gavin a while to assemble a squad which will challenge for the play-offs playing the kind of football he wants. The likes of Hornchurch, Chatham, Billericay, Hastings and Carshalton certainly look stronger than us at present. Whilst I've not given up hope of a remarkable march to the title, I'll take a strong mid-table finish this season.

Game of 2 halves.   We had our half chances, but unfortunately their gk was one of the quieter players on the pitch.  You could tell that their defence were able in most areas and their cb's hardly put a foot wrong all afternoon.   I think if anyone had offered us this position/start to the league campaign we would have taken it before the season started.   As Gavin says, we probably are a couple of players short but we have to get the right ones and I'd say we are definitely missing Jake already.

Hoping we recover in time for the Cup next weekend.