Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hemel Hempstead Town

Reading Rebel

Outstanding performance and result this evening. Nathan getting MoM 100% correct IMO, but thought special mention for Joe Dandy who was fantastic in defence all night and has been brilliant following his return from injury.

A big 3 points and another help to the goal difference as well. We are in good form and looking at the league table Averley haven't won for 5 games at least so hopefully a good time to play them as well.

Yes Aveley are definitely faltering after such an excellent start to the season. I never thought it’ll last and with them being second bottom of the form table (we’re 3rd) I can see them being mid table soon. So yes hopefully a good time to play them just a shame it’s a horrid journey to get there! 

Not sure I agree it was an excellent performance tonight but it felt fairly comfortable aside from a couple of spells of Hemel pressure. Lincoln was reliable when tested and we took our chances although there were a couple of other instances where we chose the wrong option. But it’s the win that’s important and I hope we can grab a win at Aveley who aren’t in great form and have lost 3 or 4 of their best players in recent months. 

14 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Relieved he hasn’t as he likes scoring against us! Odd transfer as neither club are really bigger than the other and they’re both similarly placed in the table. Can only be one thing then… he’s obviously supported Hemel since he was a kid and this is the only club he would sign for making his dreams reality!

He's obviously expensive to sign and Hemel are willing to match his demands.

11 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

Outstanding performance and result this evening. Nathan getting MoM 100% correct IMO, but thought special mention for Joe Dandy who was fantastic in defence all night and has been brilliant following his return from injury.

A big 3 points and another help to the goal difference as well. We are in good form and looking at the league table Averley haven't won for 5 games at least so hopefully a good time to play them as well.

My only concern is that it looks like some players are carrying knocks and with players missing like Jackman, Perillon and Bala our 'small squad' will be stretched to the limit. 

16 hours ago, Curtis said:

I thought Hemel were really poor, and looked like a side out of form & low on confidence. 
Great to get the three points, this league is very tight this season & a few consecutive wins catapults a side up the table.

I don't think Hemel were really poor I think you have to give a lot of credit to us for effort and work rate on the night.

They're just missing a good striker to put the ball in the net.

If they get Michael Folivi on board they will soon start winning.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Excellent 3 points.

Our effort and work rate on the night was exceptional.

Hemel tried hard but are definitely missing someone to up front to put away the chances they create.

I thought Johnny Goddard and Lenchy were head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch.

Overall a good team performance and if we can keep this up we will be looking up rather than down.

On the player front, we know Josh Jackman is absent due to xmas but still no sign of Leon Chambers-Perillon for the last two games.

It does look like Stephen Bala's loan period has come to an end.

If no games get called off we have a massive task ahead of us in January (2 home games and 7 away) which could make or break our season.

As it stands I think heavy pitches, injuries and the sheer volume of games will play a massive part and I'm not sure we have the numbers required to maintain our current form and rise up the table.

RR, in Saturday's match programme Steven Bala  is listed among the players names who have "also appeared this season, but no longer with the club". 

It was Yella who was "sent off" yesterday for kicking the ball away, wasn't it?

Straight red wasn't it?

Would that have happened if a player on the pitch had done the same thing?

Doubt it.

Edited by Holyport Rebel

6 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Josh was away with work last night, he’s back for this Saturday. Leon is probably a week or so away we hope.

Always looking for reinforcements but just want to make sure they’re the right ones.

Thanks Scott.

I don't think anyone knew that Leon is missing through injury.

Good news about Josh being back Saturday, I only heard from someone last night that he was away for xmas which obviously wasn't correct.

39 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

RR, in Saturday's match programme Steven Bala  is listed among the players names who have "also appeared this season, but no longer with the club". 

Straight red wasn't it?

Doubt it.

Must have been more than kicking the ball away to get a red card.

I know we don’t do the pre match team news anymore and it’s probably got its pro’s and cons but I’m to blame for that! I was the one who decided not to publicise injuries etc pre game because it gives far too much information away to the opposition. I also realise it leaves our own fans guessing about situations with certain players with regards to injuries, but please be assured it comes from a place of not wanting to give too much away! 
It’s better to keep them guessing and we need to gain any slight advantage that we can, even if that means being selfish! 

So yeah, sorry, but I hope you understand as to why we do it this way.

1 hour ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Straight red wasn't it?

Doubt it.

100% correct in the red card for Yella HP. Marc White of Dorking got the same treatment away at Oldham earlier in the season. Yella "kicked the ball away" from their player, thus delaying the restart of the game. Any coaching team member that delays the restart of the game in that way is a straight red (I'm sure someone with more time than me can list the exact rule that applies).