Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Worthing

1 hour ago, Scott Davies said:

Just watched it, (red card incident) wasn’t offside. And it looks as though one of the goals wasn’t either… 

Definitely a huge bit of luck came our way last night! 

I’d say luck evens itself out Scotty. Look at some of the decisions that have gone against us and cost us points. We don’t cry about it though, we just dust ourselves off and go again, it happens at every level and it will never ever change, officials are human beings after all, we all make mistakes. Put it this way, if there wasn’t controversy in sport, it would be bloody boring!!!

1 hour ago, Scott Davies said:

Just watched it, (red card incident) wasn’t offside. And it looks as though one of the goals wasn’t either… 

Say the offside isn’t given though Scotty for Dan’s red card, the ref has had a howler as it’s only a yellow surely. Kind of a bit of justice in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

I'll have to see it again to see if Bayliss was the last man and deserved a red card.

Hmmmm like all these decisions, it’s debatable… The forward may be onside from the GK pass but from the flick on he looks offside to me. Then as play goes on, I still think it’s a yellow for Dan if the offside isn’t given. That’s my view anyway having just watched the highlights.

2 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

Think back to Trophy defeat last season. Several bad ref decisions in Worthings favour that more or less handed them  the win

31 minutes ago, Banny said:

Think back to Trophy defeat last season. Several bad ref decisions in Worthings favour that more or less handed them  the win

The same goes for the home league match last season (1-1) when we had 2 sent off in the first half, neither of which were justified (only one was later rescinded) if I remember correctly.

It must be something about this fixture! 

On the red card decision it was a definite yellow card but Josh Jackman is a yard or two away so imo not a definite goal scoring opportunity so for me not a red card. As for the offside, at the point of contact with the pass it's impossible to see if the player was onside or offside. Jammers is the last man and looks to be in line with the player but again impossible to see for certain.   

All the other offside decisions look to be correct.

Edited by Reading Rebel

9 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I haven’t seen it discussed on here, but noticed Dan Lincoln didn’t play.

Was this due to the injury on Saturday? And if so, does anyone know if it’s just the one match out or is a longer term injury?

I’m hearing it’s more than one game which is a big concern, hopefully Scott can clarify?

26 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I haven’t seen it discussed on here, but noticed Dan Lincoln didn’t play.

Was this due to the injury on Saturday? And if so, does anyone know if it’s just the one match out or is a longer term injury?

I think he failed a pre match fitness test.

Wasn't it reported as a 'tight calf' that Dan got during the Maidstone game? 

Possibly a bit worse than first thought. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

I thought it was nice of him to congratulate Hugo on his appearence He was one of the two leaders of a performing skills under pressure session for Berkshire cricket the evening previous to the Worthing game  !