Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Worthing

Should we make changes tonight to freshen it up and give players who have been on the bench a chance to show they warrant a starting place?

It would be a bold move against a side like Worthing but perhaps we can look at tonight's game as a free hit in preparation for Saturday's game?

Edited by Reading Rebel

15 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Should we make changes tonight to freshen it up and give players who have been on the bench a chance to show they warrant a starting place?

It would be a bold move against a side like Worthing but perhaps we can look at tonight's game as a free hit in preparation for Saturday's game?

I don’t believe any game should be looked at a ‘free hit’ otherwise why bother turning up if that’s the mind set?

7 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

Lincoln

Eweka Dandy Bayliss

Jackman Sundire Eze Prosper

Goddard

Minhas Spasov

Subs: Dyce, Davies, Lench, Ogbonna, Hamiga

Thats what I would go with tonight but what do I know

WR, why have you gone with 4 players who didn't start the game on Saturday and are clearly not in our 1st choice 11?

14 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

WR, why have you gone with 4 players who didn't start the game on Saturday and are clearly not in our 1st choice 11?

I think Scott has said he’ll pick a team that suits the opponents so not necessarily sticking with a winning team. Plus with so many games the squad needs to be utilised fully. 

5 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

I hope Worthing find our team suitable then, maybe if they dont find our team suitable they could tell us and

will will change it to suit them

Am odd reply maybe keep quiet if you have nothing worthwhile saying? I wonder if you would have said that had Scott said it… yeah I thought not!

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

I just think Dyce has just come back from injury and completed his first 90 mins so maybe too soon for another game. Lenchy may still be carrying the knock he’s had for a while and Scotty may decide to rest himself. Ogbonna I’d start as sub just to play 2 strikers and try to get at their centre backs more.

An excellent, hard fought yet somewhat fortuitous point, thanks partly to some bizarre officiating! 

The first half was entertaining, and the score could easily have been 3-3 at half time. Both side hit the woodwork. 

We rode our luck at times during the second half. For me, the turning point was when Matt Lench went off as we started losing the midfield battles. 

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

An excellent, hard fought yet somewhat fortuitous point, thanks partly to some bizarre officiating! 

The first half was entertaining, and the score could easily have been 3-3 at half time. Both side hit the woodwork. 

We rode our luck at times during the second half. For me, the turning point was when Matt Lench went off as we started losing the midfield battles. 

The only bizarre officiating was the slow of thought linesman who for some reason delayed most of his offside decisions until well after the ball hit the net. The strangest one being after Bayliss received his red card 😵

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

The only bizarre officiating was the slow of thought linesman who for some reason delayed most of his offside decisions until well after the ball hit the net. The strangest one being after Bayliss received his red card 😵

They were all clearly the correct decisions; I think we can all agree on that 😁

In what looked like atrocious conditions this was a gutsy performance and a great point away to a very good side.

And yes, it could have been all 3 because the goal they scored looked to be a very soft one.

Maybe we rode our luck a bit especially in the second half but it was not all one way traffic because we also created a few chances to score a second if we'd been a bit more clinical in front of goal.

The only sour note was Lenchy going off injured, hopefully it's nothing serious.

Overall a good performance and an excellent point gained. 

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

The strangest one being after Bayliss received his red card 😵

Did Bayliss get a red card?
Flashscore was showing he did, Footballwebpages was showing he only received a yellow card, and there was no mention of a red card in Scott’s post match interview.