Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town 2 Weston Super Mare 0

Lovely result and performance. Could have had a couple more but we seemed in control for the majority of the match and didn’t look in any danger of letting this one slip. I thought Ward had a decent debut with Eweka and Baylis being solid in defence. Also thought Nashy had a very good match. Encouraging attendance of 935 which is well up on the average, hopefully we can keep them around this figure. One negative… please sort out the PA system which is still not fixed and is a little embarrassing…

They were all over us in the 2nd half after our second goal!

22 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

They were all over us in the 2nd half after our second goal!

Wouldn’t agree all over us, they certainly had a spell of possession but for their effort it didn’t result in a barrage of shots on target. I felt we defended well against their threats.

Yes, our defence were excellent again today.

WSM 3 subs made a big difference to them.

Very good performance against a very good footballing side.

We started slowing chasing shadows for the first quarter but gradually started to impress ourselves on Weston with Lenchy getting on the score sheet with a goal before the interval.

Again I thought Weston started the second half on the front foot without really troubling Dan Lincoln.

Our second goal from Jammers sealed the well earned 3 points to again put us in touching distance of a play-off place.

Some very good performances all over the park with my MOTM going to Scott Davies who I thought had his best game of the season.

We are going to have to improve our away form if we want to continue on an upward trend and have an outside chance of troubling the top 6 play off contenders.

9 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Very good performance against a very good footballing side.

We started slowing chasing shadows for the first quarter but gradually started to impress ourselves on Weston with Lenchy getting on the score sheet with a goal before the interval.

Again I thought Weston started the second half on the front foot without really troubling Dan Lincoln.

Our second goal from Jammers sealed the well earned 3 points to again put us in touching distance of a play-off place.

Some very good performances all over the park with my MOTM going to Scott Davies who I thought had his best game of the season.

We are going to have to improve our away form if we want to continue on an upward trend and have an outside chance of troubling the top 6 play off contenders.

Thanks RR, much appreciated! You clearly know football 😅 

Thought everyone was very, very good today. I’d say it was a comfortable win where we never really felt threatened in my opinion.

A good day all round with the excellent crowd too! 

Thanks 👍🏼

A very satisfactory result, and much deserved and needed following our previous two games. After a fairly even first 20 minutes, we started to dominate and took a deserved 1-0 lead into half-time. I felt it could/should have been more, Weston hit the bar but I don't remember any other chances of note for them. We doubled our lead early in the second half, and from then on the game became a bit of a non-event. We were in total control and happy to sit back and let Weston come into it a bit more, but they failed to create any clear chances. Despite a couple of chances for us towards the end, the game petered out into a comfortable 2-0 win.

The positives: a decent attendance, we rarely looked troubled, Charlie Ward looks to be a decent prospect and an overdue goal for Matt Lench. Negatives: Lench's injury flaring up again (I heard he is playing through an injury atm?), and Nathan Minhas again looked isolated. Spasov, in the short time he was on the pitch looked more involved IMHO.

21 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

One negative… please sort out the PA system which is still not fixed and is a little embarrassing…

Whatever the problem was, it wasn't the speakers as the music was working fine. It's probably something simple like a faulty microphone, or the mic not being plugged in properly. If so, it should be easy to fix. Hopefully this doesn't put off any potential sponsors!

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

A very satisfactory result, and much deserved and needed following our previous two games. After a fairly even first 20 minutes, we started to dominate and took a deserved 1-0 lead into half-time. I felt it could/should have been more, Weston hit the bar but I don't remember any other chances of note for them. We doubled our lead early in the second half, and from then on the game became a bit of a non-event. We were in total control and happy to sit back and let Weston come into it a bit more, but they failed to create any clear chances. Despite a couple of chances for us towards the end, the game petered out into a comfortable 2-0 win.

The positives: a decent attendance, we rarely looked troubled, Charlie Ward looks to be a decent prospect and an overdue goal for Matt Lench. Negatives: Lench's injury flaring up again (I heard he is playing through an injury atm?), and Nathan Minhas again looked isolated. Spasov, in the short time he was on the pitch looked more involved IMHO.

Whatever the problem was, it wasn't the speakers as the music was working fine. It's probably something simple like a faulty microphone, or the mic not being plugged in properly. If so, it should be easy to fix. Hopefully this doesn't put off any potential sponsors!

Nathan, being pedantic it's Christie Ward. 

On 03/02/2024 at 23:57, Norbert22 said:

The PA system is  beyond a joke. Dreadful. Laughable. Embarrassing.  

I had a good mate of mine come down on Saturday as he had no match himself due to injury, even he said what the hell was that when the tannoy started playing up.

2 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

I had a good mate of mine come down on Saturday as he had no match himself due to injury, even he said what the hell was that when the tannoy started playing up.

The tannoy is obviously not working properly so needs to be put right.

Unfortunately, just like the new banners we had behind the goals, if it's down to the council to repair it it'll be done for next season if we're lucky. 

Edited by Reading Rebel