Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Torquay (away)

A superb win away from home against a full time outfit.

To come back on three occasions and then win the game in the dying minutes shows the character and togetherness we have in this squad.

On the game itself, missed opportunities to score in the first half and poor defending sounded like the story of the game.

Well done to all for a great 3 points!

HR one of the 1st games I thought of was that Wycombe 4 - 3.                                        

Yeovil April 1986 3 - 1 down we win 3 - 4.

Am I right in thinking Stan Collymore scored a hattrick for Stafford Rangers in his last game against us before his move to Southend we win 3 - 4

Merthyr game 4 - 5 another amazing win.

Watched highlights this morning we created alot of chances could of scored more.

Well done to Scott the Management team the squad and Supporters who went, on a fabulous win.

COYREBELS

Edited by sdelaney

11 hours ago, sdelaney said:

HR one of the 1st games I thought of was that Wycombe 4 - 3.                                        

Yeovil April 1986 3 - 1 down we win 3 - 4.

Am I right in thinking Stan Collymore scored a hattrick for Stafford Rangers in his last game against us before his move to Southend we win 3 - 4

Merthyr game 4 - 5 another amazing win.

Watched highlights this morning we created alot of chances could of scored more.

Well done to Scott the Management team the squad and Supporters who went, on a fabulous win.

COYREBELS

Stafford game in 1990 Collymore scored 2 not 3.

3 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Torquay United fans forum page 7  1st item re Scott worth reading or could one of our sav vy internet people put it on here?

Slough Manager post match talk..18 months into his first job and just 35. Knew exactly what was needed to open us up and fully aware of our chaotic season. He was clear articulate and tactically aware of his team’s strengths and our weaknesses. We will be here next season with possibly Southend and Woking…and the teams that have already beaten us in this league. There are better managers out there as we keep finding out. NLS is going to become the new normal.

You know what ?
I almost feel sorry for all those people with affiliations to Torquay F.C.
Almost, but not quite.
Here we are, 2 day's after their defeat against us on Saturday, and as I write this  I haven't  seen or heard a single comment  from anyone with Torquay leanings giving Slough any credit whatsoever for coming back 3 times and eventually winning the match.

Not one.

Not from their manager, nor from their website match report, nor any of their fans on their forum, nor anything from that bloke who did the video about the match.
To be that biased, one-eyed, arrogant, dismissive, pig-headed is not healthy for you.
Is it something in the water down there ?
Is that they way they breed them ?
I am absolutely, 100% certain that if the roles had been reversed and we were the team that had lost in that manner to a team we regarded as one that had lesser resources than us, our manager and our fans would give SOME credit for the opposition having the guts and desire to beat us.
Not Torquay.
Someone on their forum wrote  two lines saying nice things about Scott, but I think that was meant more as a means to have a dig at their own manager.
Thank God I was born in Taplow, not Torquay.

I thought we had a great turn out of fans on Saturday.
According to Torquay there were 105 of us there.
The Saturday before Torquay were at home to St. Albans. 
St. Albans are having a much more successful league season than us.
I think they may have always been in or at least close to the play off positions all season, and get much bigger home attendances than we do.
I know it's a bit of a longer journey to Torquay from St. Albans than it is from Slough, but according to the same source St. Albans only had 62 fans at the game.
Well done us.

Edited by Holyport Rebel

Well observed HR. I think their fans are consumed with that kind of impotent rage that comes from supporting a club that has been doing badly (since just failing to get back to the EFL in 2022 in unhappy circumstances) and appears to be getting worse but being unable to influence owner and manager to change course. As we ourselves are more than aware this happens at clubs from time to time. But I thought it was a bit rich for one of them, admittedly a youthful one, to post in a tweet that while they had lost to some decent sides this season but Slough wasn't one of them. This was gently but firmly called out by Sue. They are where they are and they will have to come to terms with it unless and until someone comes along to "rescue" them-not an entirely unrealistic expectation where a former EFL club is concerned. 

Do not know why supporters waste there time listening to an opposition Manager and most of there Supporters speak on a game when they win draw or lose.

As there will never be much praise If any for the opposition.

Have to say I listened to the disgraceful Yeovil Manager's interview on them beating us what a waste of my time and another click on their website they do not deserve.

10 minutes ago, sdelaney said:

Do not know why supporters waste there time listening to an opposition Manager and most of there Supporters speak on a game when they win draw or lose.

As there will never be much praise If any for the opposition.

Have to say I listened to the disgraceful Yeovil Manager's interview on them beating us what a waste of my time and another click on their website they do not deserve.

Personally I find it quite entertaining listening to other managers and supporters views good or bad especially the managers who spout out their self opinionated nonsense like Spencer Day and Marc White.

I supposes it goes with the territory that I like to know whats going on in the world of football outside of STFC.

19 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Came across this video report of yesterday's game produced through the eyes of a Torquay supporter.

Probably worth watching  just for the match action. ( From about 4 minutes 40 seconds in. )

Yes, saw that Saturday evening, even left him a comment. It must be gutting for a "big" club losing to little old Slough, but there are no guarantees in football, even if you're Man City.

5 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

You know what ?
I almost feel sorry for all those people with affiliations to Torquay F.C.
Almost, but not quite.
Here we are, 2 day's after their defeat against us on Saturday, and as I write this  I haven't  seen or heard a single comment  from anyone with Torquay leanings giving Slough any credit whatsoever for coming back 3 times and eventually winning the match.

Not one.

Not from their manager, nor from their website match report, nor any of their fans on their forum, nor anything from that bloke who did the video about the match.
To be that biased, one-eyed, arrogant, dismissive, pig-headed is not healthy for you.
Is it something in the water down there ?
Is that they way they breed them ?
I am absolutely, 100% certain that if the roles had been reversed and we were the team that had lost in that manner to a team we regarded as one that had lesser resources than us, our manager and our fans would give SOME credit for the opposition having the guts and desire to beat us.
Not Torquay.
Someone on their forum wrote  two lines saying nice things about Scott, but I think that was meant more as a means to have a dig at their own manager.
Thank God I was born in Taplow, not Torquay.

I thought we had a great turn out of fans on Saturday.
According to Torquay there were 105 of us there.
The Saturday before Torquay were at home to St. Albans. 
St. Albans are having a much more successful league season than us.
I think they may have always been in or at least close to the play off positions all season, and get much bigger home attendances than we do.
I know it's a bit of a longer journey to Torquay from St. Albans than it is from Slough, but according to the same source St. Albans only had 62 fans at the game.
Well done us.

I put this out on twitter after the game & this was a reply from a home fanhttps://x.com/colinda09135525/status/1756396953158471749?s=46&t=47y0ydjdNElkHqzqKazfLQ

4 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Interesting reading on their forum (link: https://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=18040). To be fair I remember us (well ok, me) being a little like that when we were underachieving and losing to village teams during the 7 years we spent at Step 4.

Ah yes, remembering back to the delights that visiting AFC Hayes offered…

13 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Ah yes, remembering back to the delights that visiting AFC Hayes offered…

As I remember, sides like North Greenford, AFC Hayes and Beaconsfield SYCOB all raised their game when playing us as we were still the divisions "big boys", even when the club had just been relegated, moved to Beaconsfield, and basically in a total mess behind the scenes. That 6-1 defeat at North Leigh springs to mind!

It's nice that we're now on the right end of such a match.