Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Taunton v Slough. 5th March A

So Truro have pulled their finger out and their next ‘home’ fixture is at Gloucester again so looks like they’ve sorted a solution. So why can’t Taunton do the same or are they just keeping their fingers crossed that their pitch will sometime soon become playable? It might not be ideal but if you have to play further away than Gloucester so be it.

48 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

So Truro have pulled their finger out and their next ‘home’ fixture is at Gloucester again so looks like they’ve sorted a solution. So why can’t Taunton do the same or are they just keeping their fingers crossed that their pitch will sometime soon become playable? It might not be ideal but if you have to play further away than Gloucester so be it.

I would say Taunton want to play at home for the income.

14 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I would say Taunton want to play at home for the income.

But they’re already playing at least twice a week, how many more games are they going to let slip by before they take action or the league force them to? Truro have the same problems if not worse but they’re doing something proactive and seem to have found a solution (hopefully they’re still at Gloucester when we play them Good Friday as they have a 3G pitch we’d be more accustomed to plus we should outnumber the near non existent home support). I just get the impression the TTFC hierarchy are a bit clueless and crossing their fingers hoping the rain stops!!! If not you’d like to think they’d release a statement stating they’be tried a,b,c etc…

Taunton sadly don’t have the necessary finances to go and play elsewhere. Spoke to their manager on a number of occasions over the past few days and he’s gutted being in the situation that they are. I feel for him as it’s out of his control. No team wants to play 3 times a week to try and stay in the league after all their hard work to get to this level. 

Posted (edited)

The Taunton Town Supporters Page has photo from earlier  Its an absolute swamp How anyone thought  it might be playable is beyond me!

Edited by Irishadrian

Just seen a video on Taunton's twitter page of the pitch I guess from this morning and it looks totally unplayable.

The weather forecast for Taunton for the next few day's seems better, but from Saturday onwards for at least a week it looks like constant rain in their area. ( If you can believe the weather forecast ! )

How is that pitch going to get fit to hold the number of  matches it needs to by the 20th of April ? 

Edited by Holyport Rebel

20 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Taunton sadly don’t have the necessary finances to go and play elsewhere. Spoke to their manager on a number of occasions over the past few days and he’s gutted being in the situation that they are. I feel for him as it’s out of his control. No team wants to play 3 times a week to try and stay in the league after all their hard work to get to this level. 

You can sympathise with the management and players as it’s those above them who need to sort this mess out. They can’t just keep sitting and hoping for the best either, they may need to spend money to get games played otherwise they’ll be fined for not fulfilling matches. Plus if they do somehow start playing at home they could end up playing 2 or 3 in a row which won’t attract great crowds. Maybe they need to use some of that Truro groundshare money (if they actually received any up front!).

Ah well, somebody in Billericay is trying to make some profit from tonight's postponement.

They've put up for sale on ebay a copy of what would have been the match programme.

Taunton's website yesterday said that no printed match programme would be on sale this evening, but  that you could read ( or download  ) the online version that they do. 

Bargain price on ebay at 4 pound 99p. ( plus 1.95 postage.)

Edited by Holyport Rebel

I was curious so I just looked at Gloucester City's home fixtures given Truro are trying to be proactive and play some matches there.

On the 29th Good Friday we are due at Taunton to play Truro so I was wondering if they'd move it to GCFC, they are playing at 3pm but the other day Truro played at 7.30pm I think it was.

Guess it will be weather dependent that week.