Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Braintree

19 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Scott has already stated we’re punching above our weight and the aim this season was comfortable mid table. Unfortunately I feel we may just fall short this time but I somehow hope I’m proved wrong!

We're well on course to finish at least comfortably mid-table and whilst we need something to play for for as long as possible to get the crowds in, maybe it's better in the long-run if we don't make the play-offs this season as this may merely increase expectations. I'm thinking back to the first season under Steve Bateman when we were doolally that we finished 5th (followed by a crushing disappointment in the play-off final), but 5th again the following season was seen as bit of a disappointment (and we fell flat in the play-offs).

1 hour ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Even worse is when you think you are entitled to 3 points and go in cocksure, and then get turned over - i.e. Dover!  - 3 wins this season and 2 were against Slough.

I hope that we've never gone in "cocksure"! But it's just a reminder that these results can happen at any time, against any opponent at any point during the season. We're not guaranteed to win on Wednesday, nor to lose next Saturday.

I know people can say about the two Dover results, but look at welling doing the double over Yeovil! It’s football, it happens. I think it’s fair to say we’ve won games and picked up points in matches this season where we haven’t been expected to.

Even though there are only 9-10 more games left for most sides, there’s going to be many more twists and turns yet for every side! We are top of the form guide over the last 6 games and wouldn’t say we are stuttering. Braintree is a game where we take a point, try and get 3 at havant and then see if we can get something from Yeovil.

After that we have a run of games which look good for us, but they still won’t be easy! No games in this league are, as Worthing found out yesterday! 

28 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

I know people can say about the two Dover results, but look at welling doing the double over Yeovil! It’s football, it happens. I think it’s fair to say we’ve won games and picked up points in matches this season where we haven’t been expected to.

Even though there are only 9-10 more games left for most sides, there’s going to be many more twists and turns yet for every side! We are top of the form guide over the last 6 games and wouldn’t say we are stuttering. Braintree is a game where we take a point, try and get 3 at havant and then see if we can get something from Yeovil.

After that we have a run of games which look good for us, but they still won’t be easy! No games in this league are, as Worthing found out yesterday! 

Yes of course results can be unpredictable in any league, just saying it’s quite rare (and very frustrating!) to lose twice to a team that finishes bottom. 
BTW Scott how does training work with a Wednesday night league match?