Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Braintree

This game is as tough as they come with both Slough and Braintree at the top of the NLS form table. 

Also just read that Temi is not available due to picking up a booking in the abandoned game with Bath.

A game that didn't finish and most probably will be expunged from the record books but any bookings still count 😵

45 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

This game is as tough as they come with both Slough and Braintree at the top of the NLS form table. 

Also just read that Temi is not available due to picking up a booking in the abandoned game with Bath.

A game that didn't finish and most probably will be expunged from the record books but any bookings still count 😵

That’s absolute bonkers and we’re being punished unfairly again. Temi should be allowed to play until the league officially decide what to do with that match? Btw how long does it take to make this decision!!! Scott any news or updates please? 

It’s tempting to say draws against both Braintree & Yeovil would be a good outcome…. but the extra point from going for it & picking up one win from these two could make the difference at the end of the season.

I’m still thinking we will need seven wins from these last eleven league (I’m hoping the Bath result will stand & be one of those, although unfairly but realistically expect the match will have to be replayed).

No outcome or idea of what is happening yet. Still waiting to hear back from the league and the fa. I think everyone knows my thoughts and feelings, but we’ll see.

And like you said about Temi, absolutely baffling. The fact his booking counts and that means he’s got 10 but apparently that’s the only things that still remain even after an abandonment so will make no difference either way when we hear of the outcome.

Braintree will be witho ut Alfie Pavey who has been recalled by Woking Pavey took part in his last six games 5wins and a draw !

Edited by Irishadrian

14 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Braintree will be witho ut Alfie Pavey who has been recalled by Woking Pavey took part in the last six games 5wins and a draw !

Pavey hasn't been playing for the last month or so.

I'd be more worried about striker Aaron Blair who's on a bit of a scoring streak.

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I know we're going for it if we are losing or drawing but a draw would be a decent result at a very difficult place to go.

Draw is no good if we’re chasing the play offs, remember we’re still 5 points off 7th. If we draw we could be more than that which just makes our task so much harder. We can’t afford to drop many points at all if we want to be in contention.

I’m no doubt in the minority, but I’m really disappointed we couldn’t find a way to win today. For me this and most of our remaining matches are must wins if we truly have the desire to reach the play offs. Of course normally a draw away to play off team who’s top of the form table is an excellent point. My problem is the expectation has risen higher than most supporters and the team itself. Scott has already stated we’re punching above our weight and the aim this season was comfortable mid table. Unfortunately I feel we may just fall short this time but I somehow hope I’m proved wrong!

Yes good away point against a play off rival great also for Trae to score on his debut I was surprised that Wealdstone moved him on so soon given his pedigree and potential and they arent doing that well  but to our advantage lets hope for more in the run in

Posted (edited)

In the end after going a goal down I think it was a very good point gained.

Of course if we want to get nearer to reaching the play-offs a win was needed.

Just means Wednesday's game at Havant becomes even more important to get the 3 points. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

Wow how far we have come . People  Disappointed at getting a point away off a team who are absolutely flying . But then so are we so a point is probably appropriate ! 
Remember its not the disappointment that gets you down , it’s the hope 😉

Post match comments from Braintree manager/asst manager now on their site. Great praise for the Rebels and especially Scott  I think theyre happy with their point

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wow how far we have come . People  Disappointed at getting a point away off a team who are absolutely flying . But then so are we so a point is probably appropriate ! 

Yes Stan  Braintree unbeaten in 11 home or away  so thats a great point!

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Exactly, we also gained a point on the three teams above us so overall I think we should be pleased, not delighted, but pleased.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Supporters who are disappointed in getting a point is more to do with our slim hopes for reaching the play-offs than getting a point at a difficult place like Braintree.

The play-offs are still a possibility but 3 points are whats needed starting on Wednesday.

36 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Supporters who are disappointed in getting a point is more to do with our slim hopes for reaching the play-offs than getting a point at a difficult place like Braintree.

The play-offs are still a possibility but 3 points are whats needed starting on Wednesday.

We should be looking for 3 points from any game, otherwise why bother turning up?

Yes, some games will be harder to get 3 points from and then a point is a good result, but if you go into a game with a negative mindset that you think a point is ok, or even that you expect to lose, then you have no chance.

Even worse is when you think you are entitled to 3 points and go in cocksure, and then get turned over - i.e. Dover!  - 3 wins this season and 2 were against Slough.

12 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

We should be looking for 3 points from any game, otherwise why bother turning up?

Yes, some games will be harder to get 3 points from and then a point is a good result, but if you go into a game with a negative mindset that you think a point is ok, or even that you expect to lose, then you have no chance.

Even worse is when you think you are entitled to 3 points and go in cocksure, and then get turned over - i.e. Dover!  - 3 wins this season and 2 were against Slough.

I still can’t believe we’ve been beaten twice by Dover who are massively adrift from safety and are odds on to be relegated. Hate to say it but those extra points we could have expected from those 2 games might be what denies us 7th place.