Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Havant & Waterlooville

Up to recently Havant couldn't buy a win but with recent draws against Bath and Tonbridge and a win against Hemel their form has improved to the point where they have an outside chance of avoiding the drop.

A draw won't help either side so with both sides going for the win I reckon well see a few goals tonight.

My prediction is a 4-3 win for the Rebels. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

2 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Up to recently Havant couldn't buy a win but with recent draws against Bath and Tonbridge and a win against Hemel their form has improved to the point where they have an outside chance of avoiding the drop.

A draw won't help either side so with both sides going for the win I reckon well see a few goals tonight.

My prediction is a 4-3 win for the Rebels. 

So with that prediction it will be 0-0

One or the other of us may be right.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

So with that prediction it will be 0-0

One or the other of us may be right.

Sods law say's you're right 😂  but with both sides going for the win I really cannot see there being no goals tonight.

Only a win will be any good to us.

Edited by Reading Rebel

How mindsets change huh.

I may be in the minority, but after the scare of the start of the season where I was adamant we were going down without a fight, I am quite relaxed about the end of the season now.

We make the play offs, great, we don't, well, compared to a few months back, I'm more than happy to look at the league table.

Rome, built, day comes to mind.

I have seen a BIG improvement on and off the pitch. On it, the team, spirit, togetherness and all round play under Scotty, which bodes well (imo) for next season onwards and off it, crowds improving (the club must be doing something right, right).

We are under a great leadership and what will be will be this season.

For what its worth, I hate away midweek games, think at this level they are always tough for teams to get 3 points compared to the same game being played on a Saturday.

Head says draw, heart says 1-3 

COYR!!!

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, REBEL MATTERS said:

How mindsets change huh.

I may be in the minority, but after the scare of the start of the season where I was adamant we were going down without a fight, I am quite relaxed about the end of the season now.

We make the play offs, great, we don't, well, compared to a few months back, I'm more than happy to look at the league table.

Rome, built, day comes to mind.

I have seen a BIG improvement on and off the pitch. On it, the team, spirit, togetherness and all round play under Scotty, which bodes well (imo) for next season onwards and off it, crowds improving (the club must be doing something right, right).

We are under a great leadership and what will be will be this season.

For what its worth, I hate away midweek games, think at this level they are always tough for teams to get 3 points compared to the same game being played on a Saturday.

Head says draw, heart says 1-3 

COYR!!!

I don't think anyone will disagree with most of what you say RM.

I would say you are in the minority, why wouldn't any supporter like to make the play-offs and all the excitement that goes with them.

Yes, if we don't make them it's not the end of the world and sets us up nicely for the big push next season.

The last bit of your post surely should be the other way round 😏

Edited by Reading Rebel

52 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I would say you are in the minority, why wouldn't any supporter like to make the play-offs and all the excitement that goes with them.

I didn't think RM was saying he wouldn't like to make the play offs RR, at least that's how I read it.

I think he was saying something that I totally am in agreement with.

It was only  February and even then we were absolutely confident that we wouldn't be involved in a relegation battle come the end of the season.

After our horrendous start to the season, that is an incredible turnaround.

To go to games at the moment and know that we are not desperate for points to stay out of relegation trouble ,unlike this time last season, is a much more enjoyable experience.

I'm a bit incredulous that we even have a sniff of reaching the play-offs, but to see some people on here suggesting that if we weren't to win last Saturday against Braintree or after the game hinting that a point away at a team 4th in the league and joint top of the form table is somehow "disappointing" , is to me mind-boggling.

Who would have thought team's of the calibre of Havant, Eastbourne, Dartford or even Torquay (if they have their 10 point deduction made), would be fighting desperately for points to avoid going down ?

Every point we earn from now on to me is sort of like a bonus, and if it turns out that we make the play-offs, fantastic.

If we don't. it has been amazing to have even been in a position to have  thought they might be a possibility.

Edited by Holyport Rebel

3 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I didn't think RM was saying he wouldn't like to make the play offs RR, at least that's how I read it.

It was only  February and even then we were absolutely confident that we wouldn't be involved in a relegation battle come the end of the season.

To go to games at the moment and know that we are not desperate for points to stay out of relegation trouble ,unlike this time last season, is a much more enjoyable experience.

I'm a bit incredulous that we even have a sniff of reaching the play-offs, but to see some people on here suggesting that if we weren't to win last Saturday against Braintree or after the game hinting that a point away at a team 4th in the league and joint top of the form table is somehow "disappointing" , is to me mind-boggling.

Who would have thought team's of the calibre of Havant, Eastbourne, Dartford or even Torquay (if they have their 10 point deduction made), would be fighting desperately for points to avoid going down ?

Every point we earn from now on to me is sort of like a bonus, and if it turns out that we make the play-offs, fantastic.

If we don't. it has been amazing to have even been in a position to have  thought they might be a possibility.

Obviously not all fans think alike or have the same expectations which will always be the case. Doesn’t make one or the other wrong though. For me I want us to do everything possible to make top 7 so when I know we can’t afford to drop many points, even a draw at Braintree (which of course I can recognise a decent point) was disappointing in the pursuit of a play off place.

14 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I couldn't agree more. My thoughts at the start of the season were to reach the relative safety last seasons total of 51 points (I know that's not necessarily a guarantee of safety as it's all relative to others teams), the earlier the better, and build on that. We managed 51 points with 12 games to spare. Job done!

It's great to have something to play for for the right reasons this season (albeit we're far from the front-runners), rather than looking over our shoulders and hoping Concord stop winning like we were last season!

I think the big problem with playoffs or not playoffs, is the big difference between the awful start to the season compared to the current “hot” form.

We sit on 54 points after 36 games which gives a points per game of 1.5, and if we continue at 1.5 points per game for the rest of the season leaves us on 69 points and a very safe mid table position.

However, the form in the last 6 games gave us 14 points which translated to 2.333 points per game.

“If” we can maintain that form for the final 10 games that will boost the 54 points currently to 77, which should/may/might put us in the playoffs.

Still far too much uncertainty with all this, and if we knew where we would finish there would be no fun in it!

I think every point that’s been made on here has been relevant! 

I totally understand how the league table looks at the moment, 7 points seems as though the gap has grown, which it has but that’s through no fault of our own.

It’s not as though we’ve let up in the past few weeks as someone mentioned being at 2.333 points per game, it’s good going! 

If we had the points from the Bath game and we did we this evening, then we are 1 point outside and it looks a lot more kind. I think not having 3 points added to our tally makes it look as though there’s been a massive dent in our form when viewing the table but that’s not the case.

I expect to see two sides hammer and tong tonight for the win which should make it interesting game. There’s no doubt that being so close (like Glen has alluded to) makes us all a bit more hopeful, but fair play to the teams around us, they’ve not taken their foot off the gas either!

We can only worry about ourselves and focusing on what we can control. Let’s see what tonight brings!

P.S after the Tonbridge game in September, I would’ve snapped your hands off to be where we are now!

3 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

I think every point that’s been made on here has been relevant! 

I totally understand how the league table looks at the moment, 7 points seems as though the gap has grown, which it has but that’s through no fault of our own.

It’s not as though we’ve let up in the past few weeks as someone mentioned being at 2.333 points per game, it’s good going! 

If we had the points from the Bath game and we did we this evening, then we are 1 point outside and it looks a lot more kind. I think not having 3 points added to our tally makes it look as though there’s been a massive dent in our form when viewing the table but that’s not the case.

I expect to see two sides hammer and tong tonight for the win which should make it interesting game. There’s no doubt that being so close (like Glen has alluded to) makes us all a bit more hopeful, but fair play to the teams around us, they’ve not taken their foot off the gas either!

We can only worry about ourselves and focusing on what we can control. Let’s see what tonight brings!

P.S after the Tonbridge game in September, I would’ve snapped your hands off to be where we are now!

I guess it’s your fault Scott for turning this team into promotion challengers and getting (some) of our hopes up! By the way have you heard anything regarding the Bath debacle? The league/FA ad usual taking forever… I think we all realise it’ll be a replay, imagine if it’s a game both sides need to win to grab 7th??!!

1 hour ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Exactly my point :) 

Of course, I would love us to make the play offs (and go on and win them).

I think we have come on leaps and bounds where we are today compared to September.

Sitting here today, I am going into the last 10 games a lot more chilled than I thought I would be 5 months back.

It’s a reality check of what you need to do to become a top side . 
we have lost twice to the bottom  side Dover , lost to 2nd bottom team H&W and only beat them at home with a last minute goal . Drew at 3rd bottom Eastbourne . That’s an iffy 4 points from 15 from the bottom 3 sides . 
Good sides grind out ‘regulation ‘ 2-0 wins in these circumstances. We are not there yet. 

That has to be our next target . 
it’s great fun playing top sides of the park but if you don’t beat the bottom sides you still end up on the same points . There’s no bonus for artistic impression . It’s not how it’s how many . 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

we have lost twice to the bottom  side Dover , lost to 2nd bottom team H&W and only beat them at home with a last minute goal . Drew at 3rd bottom Eastbourne . That’s an iffy 4 points from 15 from the bottom 3 sides . 
Good sides grind out ‘regulation ‘ 2-0 wins in these circumstances. We are not there yet. 

it’s great fun playing top sides of the park but if you don’t beat the bottom sides you still end up on the same points . There’s no bonus for artistic impression . It’s not how it’s how many . 

Couldn't have put it better myself Stan 😏

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stan said:

The sides that achieve something are the ones that are the most consistent throughout the season.

No good raising your game against the better sides and then losing to teams at the lower end of the table.

Edited by Reading Rebel