Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town 1 Eastbourne Borough 1

‪Shame we couldn’t find that late winner but we’ve preserved the unbeaten home run plus had another 1,000+ attendance. Although we’re now 7 points off 7th place, with St. Albans losing, IF… we can win our next 2, we then play St. Albans at home on Easter Monday…‬ still a lingering chance but I don’t think we can afford to drop any more points which is a massive ask. But if we’re not to make it we should still strive for a top 10 finish plus keep that unbeaten home record until the end of the season.

Yes Glen that elusive winner just didnt come and we slip back 2 places with Farnborough and Chippenham winning well and Tonbridge who also won moving to a point below  Ill be pleased and surprised if we make the playoffs although as you say still possible. Aaron Kuhl picked up another 2 goals this afternoon

Poor start to the game and a really sloppily defended goal for us to give away within the first 2 minutes.

For the remainder of the first half we huffed and puffed and when we did 'score'  the lino deemed both efforts to be offside.

I was too far away to see but everyone I spoke to who were in line said the first could possibly have been offside but the second one definitely wasn't.

Second half we created chance after chance and it really didn't look like being our day.

The best chance of the second half fell to Nathan Minus who managed to hook the ball over the angle of the bar when under no pressure plum in front of goal. He really has to do better and at least hit the target in that situation.

The equalizer came from I think an excellent placed cross from Lench reaching the head of Leon who scored with an well place header in the top corner. 

It then became a basketball game with both sides going for the 3 points with chances for both sides being squandered.

Edited by Reading Rebel

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Unfortunately we have 3 games to play from Monday to Monday with a bare bones squad and what looked like a few players today struggling with injuries.

So imo as far as play-offs go we can forget it.

I’d admit it’s a tall order and if we don’t beat Taunton I’d say it’s over. Unfortunately we have a poor record against teams near the bottom and we play 2 of them next so yes it’s not looking too hopeful. Was the ‘Stephens’ on the bench an EDS player? It’s tricky now, do we sign players in our pursuit of a dream or leave it as it is and accept what we have.

1 minute ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’d admit it’s a tall order and if we don’t beat Taunton I’d say it’s over. Unfortunately we have a poor record against teams near the bottom and we play 2 of them next so yes it’s not looking too hopeful. Was the ‘Stephens’ on the bench an EDS player? It’s tricky now, do we sign players in our pursuit of a dream or leave it as it is and accept what we have.

No idea who Stephens is but someone said he looked about 12 with some homework to do 😅

Being serious no idea who he is but probably sums up our lack of strength in depth at the moment.

I think I put some where else on the forum that as far as I see it our chances of reaching the play offs are slim to none so why spend money recruiting any more players this season?

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

No idea who Stephens is but someone said he looked about 12 with some homework to do 😅

Being serious no idea who he is but probably sums up our lack of strength in depth at the moment.

I think I put some where else on the forum that as far as I see it our chances of reaching the play offs are slim to none so why spend money recruiting any more players this season?

But what if we do win our next 2, we could potentially be 1 or 2 points off 7th place currently occupied by St. Albans who we play Easter Monday. By then we’d want as big a squad as possible for those last 5 matches.

2 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

But what if we do win our next 2, we could potentially be 1 or 2 points off 7th place currently occupied by St. Albans who we play Easter Monday. By then we’d want as big a squad as possible for those last 5 matches.

Probably a calculated risk that it's very unlikely to happen and to save our money for a big push at the play-offs next season.

I'm sure this would be denied but it's how I see it.

As you say in our next two games we've got to go away Taunton and Truro who are scrapping for their lives and our record this season against these bottom sides is not good.

I think just enjoy the ride, take the season on the whole as a huge positive and know we have set a foundation for future seasons

No need to add players, spend money unnecessarily etc

The boys have been nothing short of brilliant since Game 8

If we make the play offs, great… If we don’t and finish mid table, great…

I was unsighted for the first, but the second was definitely not offside. I thought the Eastbourne left back was very fortunate not to be sent off for a shocking challenge on Ogbonna.

No sign of a handbrake in the second half, going all out for the win. Trae very close to the winner

4 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

I think just enjoy the ride, take the season on the whole as a huge positive and know we have set a foundation for future seasons

No need to add players, spend money unnecessarily etc

The boys have been nothing short of brilliant since Game 8

If we make the play offs, great… If we don’t and finish mid table, great…

You’re right but when we still have a sniff at it I’m wanting to go full throttle at it but I guess a lot of others obviously don’t see it the same way. But if we can finish top 10 and preserve our unbeaten home record then it’s been a decent season. I just hope all the good work won’t be undone in the summer by losing our better players. 

10 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

You’re right but when we still have a sniff at it I’m wanting to go full throttle at it but I guess a lot of others obviously don’t see it the same way. But if we can finish top 10 and preserve our unbeaten home record then it’s been a decent season. I just hope all the good work won’t be undone in the summer by losing our better players. 

From potential relegation to potential top 10 is more than decent Glen, it’s bloody brilliant!!

53 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

I get why some will want to make the play offs but I wouldn’t want to get in when I don’t want us to go up… yet!

I would have liked us to get into the play-offs because I think it would have made it easier to attract a great calibre of players for next season…. but anything in the top half will be great after the start we had.

And hopefully we can make a much better start next season.

A poor game, high on sloppy & careless distribution (particularly some of our corners & crossing) and short on quality. Neither side deserved the win, though we could perhaps consider ourselves unfortunate in that we had one (maybe two) perfectly good goals ruled out as well as hitting the inside of the post. MOTM was justifably Dan Lincoln, though he was relatively untroubled until after our equaliser.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

I still think there's a lot to play for. A good run now can generate a feelgood factor and bring the crowds back in for next season. I've seen a fair few new faces recently, some today were in the club shop stocking up on the latest merchandise and appearing to enjoy themselves. Long may this continue!

55 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

I get why some will want to make the play offs but I wouldn’t want to get in when I don’t want us to go up… yet!

Yes, knowing our luck we'd probably go on and win the playoffs! I'll be looking at Oxford City's results (I'm expecting them to end up in the North) next season to see if their one year in the promised land has done them any long-term damage.

1 hour ago, BFR said:

I was unsighted for the first, but the second was definitely not offside. I thought the Eastbourne left back was very fortunate not to be sent off for a shocking challenge on Ogbonna.

No sign of a handbrake in the second half, going all out for the win. Trae very close to the winner

Full credit to Oggy for not rolling on the floor and screaming in agony but the challenge was dangerous and deserved a red card.

Perhaps he should have done what 99.9% of other players would of done because the player should have seen red for that potential leg breaking challenge..