Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town 1 Eastbourne Borough 1

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

You’re right but when we still have a sniff at it I’m wanting to go full throttle at it but I guess a lot of others obviously don’t see it the same way. But if we can finish top 10 and preserve our unbeaten home record then it’s been a decent season. I just hope all the good work won’t be undone in the summer by losing our better players. 

I think what sort of season we have will greatly depend on recruitment over the summer.

Keep and get in the right players and we have a great chance of reaching the play-offs.

1 hour ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

I get why some will want to make the play offs but I wouldn’t want to get in when I don’t want us to go up… yet!

I think you're in the vast minority there WR.

Take your chance when it presents itself and give it a go.

14 hours ago, Nathan said:

A poor game, high on sloppy & careless distribution (particularly some of our corners & crossing) and short on quality. Neither side deserved the win, though we could perhaps consider ourselves unfortunate in that we had one (maybe two) perfectly good goals ruled out as well as hitting the inside of the post. MOTM was justifably Dan Lincoln, though he was relatively untroubled until after our equaliser.

I still think there's a lot to play for. A good run now can generate a feelgood factor and bring the crowds back in for next season. I've seen a fair few new faces recently, some today were in the club shop stocking up on the latest merchandise and appearing to enjoy themselves. Long may this continue!

Yes, knowing our luck we'd probably go on and win the playoffs! I'll be looking at Oxford City's results (I'm expecting them to end up in the North) next season to see if their one year in the promised land has done them any long-term damage.

If you mean poor on quality maybe yes in a gusty and swirling wind but certainly not poor on entertainment.

As far as 'neither side deserved to win' I'll have to disagree greatly with that assumption Nathan.

Two perfectly good disallowed goals, hitting the post and other opportunities to score in my book means we were robbed of a deserved victory.

Most of the Eastbourne chances came late in the game when neither side were particularly concerned about defending and only about scoring.

A far as Oxford City goes they are a well run club who I'm sure won't have over spent and will come back stronger next season.

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

As far as 'neither side deserved to win' I'll have to disagree greatly with that assumption Nathan.

Two perfectly good disallowed goals, hitting the post and other opportunities to score in my book means we were robbed of a deserved victory.

I don't see it as as assumption; I acknowledge that we were very unlucky with the linesman seeing things that nobody else saw and Trae Cook-Appiah's shot that hit the inside of the post yet somehow stayed out. But we were also very fortunate to not be 2-0 down in the first half after a sloppy back-pass which lead to a one-on-one with Dan Lincoln (I can't remember who the culprit was, but I think it may have been Scotty 😬), and for most of the game we simply huffed and puffed. It would have been a case of "getting away with one" had we scraped a win IMHO as for much of the game we couldn't string two passes together. It was just one of those days!

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

A far as Oxford City goes they are a well run club who I'm sure won't have over spent and will come back stronger next season.

I hope for their sake you're right and they've not overspent having relied on a "Moneybags", as we've seen small clubs rise to the summit of non-league before, spend a year or two there and pay for it long-term. I'm thinking of clubs like Lewes and Histon (I'm sure there are others); Histon spent four years in the Conference (until as recently as 2011), yet now play in the United Counties League.

Even we mirror that fall, as we were in the Conference in 1998 yet relegated (but reprieved) to Combined Counties/Hellenic League level in 2008!

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

I don't see it as as assumption; I acknowledge that we were very unlucky with the linesman seeing things that nobody else saw and Trae Cook-Appiah's shot that hit the inside of the post yet somehow stayed out. But we were also very fortunate to not be 2-0 down in the first half after a sloppy back-pass which lead to a one-on-one with Dan Lincoln (I can't remember who the culprit was, but I think it may have been Scotty 😬), and for most of the game we simply huffed and puffed. It would have been a case of "getting away with one" had we scraped a win IMHO as for much of the game we couldn't string two passes together. It was just one of those days!

I hope for their sake you're right and they've not overspent having relied on a "Moneybags", as we've seen small clubs rise to the summit of non-league before, spend a year or two there and pay for it long-term. I'm thinking of clubs like Lewes and Histon (I'm sure there are others); Histon spent four years in the Conference (until as recently as 2011), yet now play in the United Counties League.

Even we mirror that fall, as we were in the Conference in 1998 yet relegated (but reprieved) to Combined Counties/Hellenic League level in 2008!

I think the point being when chances go begging it's either a poor miss or great defending.

In our case it was two legitimate goals chalked off.

So in my book that means we deserved to win.

11 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Nearly 11 1/2 minutes of actual highlights from this match - so FCVideo can do it when pushed.

When there's actual highlights from the match to show, you mean.

1 hour ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

There was behind the goal images in this one, unlike the quicky they put out and the camera work was better, so more effort went into this one after the complaints.

I think Matt might be onto something SirRebel. This week there were legit chances and goal mouth action and, dare I say, highlights.