Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ok I am going to be slatted here, but here goes.

I can't see the attraction with Cricket, I went to one - One Day Game - It was Essex V Middlesex about 1988-92 ish. (at lords) Both teams were going for title and M'sex won, but I could not get enthused / interested in it. I like nearly all sports, with the exception of Cricket & Golf.

Mates of mine, who are football mad, go and watch football in the winter and then in the summer it is Cricket, but they can't understand why I am not interested in Cricket.

So come on then, what is the big attraction, cos I can't see it?

I suppose it's a bit like me with Motor Racing. Watching cars going round and round the same track for two hours, knowing that once the favourite is in the lead, unless his car blows up he will win.

Yopu should be able to deliberatly ram each other, now that would make it a lot more interesting.

Its not really a proper sport anyway, you just sit in a seat.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge cricket fan but I do enjoy watching the England team. I can't stand golf or motor sport but I guess as in most things what's good for one man ain't necessarily good for another!

I used to umpire cricket matches, but since I've been in Germany I don't get much opportunity to watch cricket. On the other hand, I don't miss it all that much either. What I do miss is the brilliance of the BBC radio cricket commentators, who always managed to keep telling their audience something interesting even if nothing was happening. No other sports commentators are anything like as good.

............And the Goon Show, Bullgog Drummond, Dan Dare, but I fancy that stretches back to the fifties !!

Listen With Mother was a favourite of mine in the '50s.

"The time is a quarter to two. This is the BBC Light Programme for mothers and children at home. Are you ready for the music? When it stops, Catherine Edwards will be here to speak to you. Ding-de-dong. Ding-de-dong, Ding, Ding! Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin!"

I used to watch cricket on the box .....but with the radio commentary on......Brian Johstone and his crew were priceless......when a player was running into the stumps and tried to jump them only to knock the bails off.......from the back ground came ..."Oh hard....luck "Anon" just failed to get his leg over!!!!!"........followed by Johstone doing the next 10 minutes on the floor in agonising laughter!