Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Graham S

Hooky takes his head off again?

Unfortunately, as a fully paid up weirdo-vegetarian (my carnivore sister’s expression) I, like Fleet Fanatic, am barred from the burger bar. As such, I was not there to witness that legend Hooky removing his head on the first famous occasion.

However, a few weeks previously, I had overheard a conversation in The Rose, on the way to a match, which I believed may have enabled me to identify Hooky’s human identity.

Now, Hooky, to confirm this, I need to know the answer to this question: Were you, this afternoon, enjoying a fair few pints in The Crown & Thistle, newly crowned as Camra’s "best pub in Britain?"

Graham S

No soz to dissapoint!!

i work in central london do live not too far from the rose but never been there!!

I can be seen during the first half minus my head ( still in full costume tho) just up from the half way line!!

Feel free to come give me a " hooky handshake " or say hi!!

Glad you enjoy me the feedback has been good!!

Hooky x x x

I think you are doing a greatjob Hooky. It must have taken a lot of courage to do it the first time. You were made for the job. Are you really only 22 and do you really work in a bank?

yep im 22!! (23 in may suit ages me tho)

Just changed me jobs i do financial underwriting! Pays well hence how i can afford to do this from my own pocket!! Always been a bit mad and yeh after the initial wow of being with the players etc.. i love it!!!!!!

tell ya what tho.. when i take that head of just before i take up my spot next to my dad my head is steaming for a good 20 mins!! u can see it pour from my head for ages!! Great way to get a free sauna! Can i say a big thanks to the fans and my mate stuart ( who dresses me in the suit)

I was miles out. The geezer I suspected is about my age (the right side of a half century, but only just.) That's my plans for a career switch to the government's proposed new British version of the FBI out the window then.

Graham S