Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ady pennock

[color:"red"] [/color] I was at todays game, and have to admit i was impressed. The standard of play has improved tenfold, they are a different team and playing in a different class, i have to say i put this down to the appointment of the new assistant manager, Ady Pennock. I can see no other reason for the exceptional change in form. well done Andy your best signing yet... any one agree? Up the fleet

I don't think it is just down to Adrian Pennock becoming asistant manager i think it's a whole combination of things. you have to remeber that at the start of the season it was virtually a new team that needed time for the players to get used to each other. Since then Andy has made some great signings either permanent or on loan - players with that extra flair that make all the difference. The signing of Lee Gledhill and the return of Skins from injury have made the defence a much more solid unit. We now also have a good pool of players with different qualities which allows Andy to pick a team that will do most damage to the opposition. And of course winning breeds confidence and means we can go into each game feeling we have a good chance of getting a win. I for one was not happy with Andy round about those dismal days last November but whatever help he's had from Adrian, all credit to him for turning it around. '.....he's got no hair and i don't care.......'

I think Ady has given a new fresh outlook on things, he and Andy obviously have a good understanding and mutual respect for each other.

They seem to work really well together and together with the other coaching and fitness staff have struck a magic formula. The players new signings have also added much needed challenge for places, with sometimes the bench looking as though we are over burdened with good players. And long may it be so.

The ability of them to be able to forward plan this year has also helped, this time last year we did not even have Conference status confirmed, so signing of new players could not even be thought about,

Well done to them all.

Not forgetting of course the most important people the players.

Quote:
UP FLEET said:
Ive heard a whisper that manny could be off to canvey at the end of the season, i hope not, does any one else know any more on this.

I suspect that he will stay at Oxford as Graham Rix is said to be a fan of his.