Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Why so quiet?

Brian A

Quote:
JimGNFC said: As for the programme . . . Excellent, Quality, more of the same - see I don't just whinge! Gold star for the new programme editor!

I would generally agree, except that the standard of grammar has barely improved.

As for Moussa's dismissal, my initial reaction was that he had dived. I may well be wrong on this, but Moussa has had a bit of a reputation for going down too easily in the past, and to be honest, if he had dived having just entered the penalty box in the last minute of a delicately poised game when he was beginning to lose control of the ball, it wouldn't have surprised me.

Also, I have to disagree with Red Neck on Northwich - 'relegation fodder' may be a bit harsh, as I felt that they looked a better side than they did against us last year, and their second equaliser was taken exceptionally well.

Let's hope yesterday's result gives some of the fans who were talking about a shot at reaching the play-offs this season a bit of a reality check - I'm still not convinced we're good enough.

I thought it was a definite penalty.Two points dropped. Although we were sleepy after going ahead, I have to say the referees decisions on numerous occasions have cost us these points. This had to be seen as an easier game yesterday, what with us finishing last season playing so well, and northwoch turning up flustered and late, we should have wallopped them!

I hope we don't miss out on staying up/playoffs/promotion by two points come end of season.

Great start and then we go backwards.

Agree with earlier post that Matt Rouse likes to take on opponents, similar to others in the team, but the difference is Rouse fights back and doesn't stop running, unlike some who tend to sulk and stroll back worrying if their hair is still ok! Matt is worthy of MOM and his place in the NLP team of the day.

Bit of moan today, I'm afraid:-

Wilko - seems passed his best.

Rouse - done very well.

Surey - good

Jacko - ok start but faded badly

Manny - expensive luxury - no change from last season.

Essandoh - off day should have had a hat-trick

Gledhill - good, shame the whole team aren't as committed as him.

Moore - ok but needs to get back to his best

Porter - ok

Drury - needs to work harder and provide better crosses

Mckimm - ineffective again, his shot/cross 2nd half says it all

Moussa - good

Fordy - needed to make subs soon after the break but waited until they scored. Pinno on for Manny, Moussa rightly for Drury and Saunders for Mckimm or Jackson.

Ah.. feel better now. Roll on Tuesday!

As I'd shifted ends for the second half, I was quite close to the "penalty" incident. From my perspective, it appeared to be a clear penalty and not a dive.

As for Northwich, I also felt that they were a reasonable side with some quite talented and experienced players.

We should have killed off the game in the first half when we had the opportunity. Great goal from Jacko.

My MoM was Matt Rouse who is looking a great signing. I know that Fisher were sad to see him go.

I'd just like to make the point that commentators/pundits etc. often bang on about 'if it's not a penalty, why didn't he book the player for diving'. I believe this kind of stupid mentality (if it's not X, it must be Y) influenced the ref on saturday. If he didn't think it was a foul then fair enough, no penalty, but to book sidibe in this instance was absolutely ridiculous. If my memory serves me correctly both sidibe and the defender stumbled towards the ground, indicating some sort of contact between the two, and as mentioned earlier sidibe had his back to the player anyway and so couldn't have been looking for the penalty. It's just a case of logic.

The thing that most irritates me about non-league refereeing is the lack of communication between the ref and his assistants - especially on such a controversial incident as the sending off of sidibe.

And I was also wondering why sidibe received his first yellow card. He obviously didn't handle the ball, otherwise a free kick would have been given, instead of a corner to us?? A warning surely would have sufficed. Inconsistency is the word.

Moussa may have got away with the first yellow if he hadn't of raised his hands. Twice he shoved a player around the throat. His second was not a dive and probably not a penalty either but did not deserve a card.

The lino could have added his input but seemed reluctant to do so, probably because of the stupid comments and abuse he got from our own fans. Ok it shouldn't affect his judgement but I feel a good banter with the lino doesn't go against us. In response to ridiculous and unjustified abuse the lino quite rightly said "maybe your players should learn to shoot!" This was after Roy missed the sitter but Moussa should have shot himself after going thru their defence on his own.

Quote:
James said:
I must have watched a different game i thought Rousse had a nightmare defensively and was caught well out of position for their first goal but was excellent going forward.

James - agreed Rouse was out of position for the first goal but the goal wasn't solely down to him. Rouse should continue to be encouraged to get forward, whilst the other players around him need to cover for him. For example if Rouse goes bombing forward then
Jacko who seems to have lost that extra yard of pace could drop back to fill the vacant left back slot.

Most left backs are content to sit back and knock long balls up the channel but Rouse really goes at players, passes superbly and even tracks back and wins tackles. He also made the NLP team of the week so must have done something right.

It's a game of opinions Brian !!

Watching some of the round ups of the Pepsi Chart Show Cola Chamionship Leagues One Two & Three O'Leary, DSO & Bar last week on the telly....the referee's must have done extra close season training as, when anyone scored , they were straight on them.....ushering the sheep back into their pen...and if one got away & celebrated...then a yellow card was brandished !! Can't remember the lad's name who celebrated the second goal of his career....but he was sent for the early Sheep Dip !!

Utter boll*cks !!!

Regards,

ghost.gif ghost.gif ghost.gif

Agree Rouse is talented, but tries to do too much going forwards. Prefer him to concentrate more on the defence side, when we have flair players like Drury and Sidibe who are more than capable of creating. Better still I'd have Skinner in the side for that position to provide more balance, and if we're going to play Rouse then play him further up the field.

Was Skinner injured??

Andy's interview on RK said "Someones not even going to make the bench on Saturday" and he went on and said "If everyones fit,3 people willmiss out next Saturday".

Prothers was obviously suspended on Saturday,so2 people would have missed out if everyone was fit -Andy's comment almost says that someone was injured - the only 2 tomiss out were Skinner & Shearer so 1 of them may have been injured?? (Probably I'm reading too much into andy's comment,but maybe not).