Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Posters

Simon BTFC

well, as it was my idea thought I had better make the effort to do it!! I couldnt get to the game on sat as had to work sat morning and didnt have enough time to get there, so spent the whole of sat afternoon going in to all the shops in the high street. The response was very good and I think I counted 30 shops that took a poster to display. All the pubs and bookies in the high street were more than happy to help but not one of the major high street chains would help us, so I owe Gazza a pint as Woolies wouldnt help. Most of the independents were pleased to help.

Many shop owners we spoke to were unaware of the game and on seeing the poster they couldnt ask enough questions. One shop owner last went to see the team play the last time they won the vase but has vowed to be there on sat.

Although I failed to get Woolies to put up a poster, I did get one in the Police Station thanks to a billericay based Canvey fan!!

Hopefully some other people can get some up around some other areas of the town, I covered the shops in Queens Park too.

someone else must be onthe case as I certainly never got one in a cab! did get one in the cab office though. I really cant take all the credit, to be fair the Mrs got most of the shop keepers to put them up, if i thought it would be a tricky one i got her to flutter and hey presto up goes the poster!! I know one lad in the red lion took one and said he would put it in his school so hopefully the word is getting around.