Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENFIELD TOWN 2 ETON MANOR 2

compaq7500

The key point was the change of goalies early in the second half.

Also this Manor side of made of much sterner stuff than some in the past who would have crumbled at 2-0 after 7 minutes. Full credit to them for regrouping and slowly clawing their way back.

No one has mentioned those two cracking goals. Two of the best I have seen this season. I just hope the injury to Davis isn't too bad. We did well throughout the first half but sat back in the second. In my opinion Chopper should not have been substituted with so much time left to play (Iknow he was cold bless him but...). When your only two up with 20-25 mins left the game is by no means won. The other problem was Asa. He was clearly really up for this and tried too hard. The ref had to ask him to calm down after only ten mins. Too many half chances not taken and a couple of real sitters missed. How did Deano miss that sitter towards then end? He's probably still scratching his head about that on this morning. To sum it all up, two great goals then a pile of frozen you know what!!

Ok, Pamplin miss controlled and the ball fell kindly to Davis who finished superbly curling the ball over the keeper. Second goal was pure class, cutting across field and unleashing left footed into top corner. Even I clapped that one! Subject of goalie....If you had tried out the new fella with only about 10 mins left would you have got a real reflection of his ability? better to see last night than when it really counts? You should beat CR and progress, not too much to worry about I don't think.

The other problem was Asa. He was clearly really up for this and tried too hard.

--Happy

I think Asa was well up for the game as he hasnt had the chance to play enough before this and is a clearly skilled player. In my opinion, he was trying hard to show Jim etc what he can do for the team, and like i said on the ESL fourm, he was the only (or the only noticeable) player left on the pitch that gave a... monkeys about the rest of the game (with about 20 minutes left).

Junior, I wasn't knocking Asa's work rate. He was playing against his old club and also was very keen to impress and force himself into the regular starting line up. He tried too hard and wound himself up a bit. If he had calmed down then maybe things might have gone more his way.