Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surely someone can identify....

Robson

....the person that confronted the officials at the end of the Waltham Abbey game? He certainly didn't come on his own to the game.

Regardless of what people may have thought of the referee's peformance (and in my honest opinion, he only made a mistake with the penalty shout and the corner) it gives absolutely no reason for him or his colleagues to be confronted with a torrent of abuse during and after the game - at any level.

We are extremely lucky to have all three "proper" officials when playing at this standard of football, and we must learn to be more grateful. Remember, most ESL refs would never have refereed in front of a large crowd (let alone a vociferous one), and are therefore almost certain to be nervous - and confronting them at the end isn't going to bloody help matters.

It must be stamped out by the ETFC fans, and I urge anyone who can recognise the idiot who committed the offence to shop him, and have him banned from all ESL games. He is not welcome.

Being a former youth referee myself, I know exactly how it feels to be intimidated by supporters - and to even be assaulted. Sometimes, referee's need us to support them too - or we'll soon find officials not wanting to take charge of our games if they don't feel safe.

It must also be brought to the attention of the ESL directors that a police presence is urgently required at some ESL games - just one or two police officers will more than suffice.

My two penneths worth.

And neither should we suspect that a WA fan threw a can at a Town fan. However, I doubt whether a Town fan would throw a can at another Town fan. It will be interesting to see what the League management think of it all.

Quote from Robson.

'It must also be brought to the attention of the ESL directors that a police presence is urgently required at some ESL games - just one or two police officers will more than suffice'.

At a cost of anything upto £1000.00 per game, I do not think many teams would last a season. How about stewards? They seem to assist at games - bit like self policing.

Is not this all getting a little OTT. Between the clubs in this league we should be able to police ourselves. It doesn't help when these message boards are used to hurle stupid abuse at each other.

Some people need to "get a life"

There will always be passion, but it has to be controlled. If someone asked me what I did on a Saturday afternoon, and I said "I went to an ESL game an spent 90 mins hurling abuse at all and sundry" they would think I was one sad individual for sure.

Come on its a bloody game at the end of the day,