Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Cup

So Townies, how do you think it will go tonight? Will your boys react like a wounded animal following Saturday's tonking, or throw the towel in and think that the League cup comes too far down this season's pecking order of things to win (or not as the case may be)?

Maldon Town put out a full 1st team squad for last nights game,for our club to get to last 8 is a fantastic effort by all of my players.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

Coup etc are astute as ever . I can't see anything in the rule book that covers this possible issue tonight with Sawbo and Enfield Town ending up dead level with an 8-5 goal difference if Sawbo draw 0-0. So I am sure the ESL committee will jump into action and do what is the most common sense approach if such a horror manifests itself. My personal opinion if they are interested is that you just can't make up rules like who beat who etc so I reckon it would need to be a play off home and away to cover such an eventuality and change the rules later in case it ever happens again. Nice one for discussion !

According to the esl handbook this is how they see it going.

ESSEX SENIOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE CUP COMPETITION RULES

Page 58, Rule 10.

These rules shall be suspended and the essex senior football league rules applied when teams are competing on a points only basis.

ESSEX SENIOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE RULES.

Page 48, Rule 12a (MATCHES,PROMOTION,RELEGATION.

In the event of two or more clubs being on equal points for any position in any of the league tables at the close of a competition,GOAL DIFFERENCE SHALL DECIDE.In the event of two or more clubs being level on points and on goal difference for any important position at the close of the competition GOAL SCORED WILL BE THE DECIDING FACTOR.

Interesting dont you think.

Exactly, that's what I said - there is nothing in the rule book which must mean that in all the 33 years of the League it has never happened before - incredible or what ?