Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Question?

Chris we played well for 1st 20 minutes Miller should of scored twice but once those chances were missed it was all wycombe from then on.

Was M Murthy rested or injured

If so will he and S Daly be fit for sunday

What is Eddie's thinking in playing Hodgie at full back

We did'nt get out of our own half in second half to make a game of it why was'nt he pushed up and the full backs allowed to get forward, game turned into a training session

How is it that M Miller scored a hatful of goals for Yeading but can't hit a barn door for us

Hope Eddie reverts back to team and formation that thrashed Eastleigh

In answer to Steve:

Matt Murphy was injured unsure about Michael.

Initially did not look good for Daly but by the time he got round to our side of the pitch he was moving more comfortably so we will have to wait and see. As for the two Smurfs again we will see.

Eddie played with three centre halfs yesterday and Hodgey was one. He did well there Saturday and has played there previously. Forced into by injury and departures.

Becuase in the second half if Hodgey had pushed forward we would have had no defenders.

Matt Miller does not get a consistent run in the team due to the form of other players or injury. That must have something to do with it. Perhaps also it has something to do with a style of play. We play to our strengths - Hodgey's aerial prowess which may not suit the Milf.

I am fairly confident Eddie would revert to the Eastleigh team as soon as all injuries and suspensions have cleared.

Right tea break over best go and do some work.

i thought we had a really bad night, i know hodgey has played there before but im not really sure its worth having him hanging back, isnt there someone else we could put in the defence to free him to play up front? i thought that our number 3 (seedel i think??) had a reasonable game up there but our whole performance lacked the edge that we needed.

oh well, still in two more-meaningfull trophies!

i think that our best part was defending, but even that wasnt especially good! Allaway also raised a few questions over his kicking abilities, some of his kicks were very poor. He did however pull off some very good saves to keep the score down.

If we play like that on Sunday we will be well and truely beaten, hopefully this will serve as a wake up call to eddie and the guys ahead of the 2 cup games

"i thought that our number 3 (seedel i think??) had a reasonable game up there"

Now I'm one of Seedel's biggest fans after seeing him single handedly beating defences in the ressies for the majority of last season, but his touch was awful when it counted last night. There were a few occasions where his close control could have got him a clear sight of goal, but it ended up a few yards away from him. He seems to play much better in a very tightly marked situation as he always seems to work a way through with the ball.

thing is we didnt get the ball up there as much as we should have, we seemed to get to the final third and lose it. miller and seedel tried hard to work with what they could get but couldnt produce. and when we did get the ball up to the box there was no one to attack it. i also thought haaki was disappointing - i was expecting him to brighten it up a bit, but produced nothing, with some sloppy football.

Seedel seems outstanding in a crowd of players but as Gary says his touch on occasions lets him down.

To be honest we did not have that many defensive options left if Eddie wanted to play his preferred formation of three centre halves. Mike Murphy was unavailable, Moeller and Gyoury have gone and Lovegrove I believe was cup-tied. It would have meant a formation change and I can understnad Eddie's reluctance in that respect.

Araas, we have been saying for a number of weeks that kicking is the only thing stopping Allaway starring in the football league.

Hakki had a bit of a mare when he came on but in fairness he was given no time on the ball by a keen Wycombe midfield.

Martin you can't say that Miller does'nt get enough games being the reason he missed two very good chances from 5 yards out with Wycombe defence know where his third chance with header was well saved by goalie low down.

Eddie could of given Steer a game from the start even at 2-nil down change the formation to give Wycombe more of a game than we did.

On another subject see Aldershot have released Mclean who is a striker.

Quote:
Martin you can't say that Miller does'nt get enough games being the reason he missed two very good chances

Er, I can and I did.

and he's right. You can't expect a striker who's barely started a dozen first team games to hit a hat-trick can you? Striker's are all about confidence and need long runs in the first team so that the players around them can see how they play in game situations and then play the appropriate passes to them. (if any of that makes sense)