Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weekend betting

BFR

Well with not a lot of value bets out there for the Ryman Premier this weekend, my money has gone on the correct score for Slough vs Thurrock on Sunday. Correct score bets are generally easy money for the bookies, but if like me you snapped up Slough to beat Walsall 2-1 then you will know how nice it is when they come off. Bet365 are offering correct score odds for the Thurrock match, and I've backed our boys to record a 3-2 win @ 28/1. However, my confidence in this bet is fairly low which is why I've only slapped a fiver on it, and I'd recommend to anybody else looking to follow suit to keep your stake low on a correct score bet.

A couple of outside bets which have some appeal. Leyton to win at Bishop Stortford @ 3/1 seems generous, and after their FA cup exploits, Histon @ 4/1 (Skybet) to win at out of form Gravesend might be worth a sniff, perhaps in a double with Grays to beat Havant @ 2/7

For those looking at Dover's odds for the second weekend running and see a tasty looking 4/1 to win at Heybridge, please bear in mind that Swifts have recently appointed a new manager, the result of which has seen a 4-1 win over yeading and progression in the Bryco Cup. 4/1 in a double may sound good but I'm not backing them this weekend.

Finally a disclaimer. I am not a regular gambler and by no means a tipster, but following on from some positive comments after a tip last week I thought I would post a few ideas from what I've seen. If you are going to have a bet, make sure you are sensible about it and don't put on more than you can reasonably afford. And if you follow any of my tips and they don't come to fruition, don't come crying to me about it.

Always go with your hunches, Matt! As we parked this afternoon my daughter pointed out that the coach firm who brought the Thurrock team was called "HARRIS" and it was written all the way down one side.

That must be an omen that Glen's gonna score the winner against them, I said!