Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 2 Northwood 1

Town Statto

Yeading will be looking over their shoulder now, they can't afford to lose anymore matches, specialy as we're less likely to drop points with the remaining fixtures we have.

Can't wait for them to visit fortress New Lodge, make sure you'r not doin anything April 2nd!

I dont like to blow my own trumpet but i was pretty spot on with my 2-1 with goals from Cuz and 412 crowd was not far away from 436 either.

Anyway it was a really good win today against a tricky side who could well have caused a few problems. Well done ricay

First half we were all over em and I don't think 2-0 flattered us.

Second half was pretty pony, we started playing very deep, and they got a well worked goal back. Probably fair to say the cheers at the final whistle were largely relief.

Still the important thing is we got the result.

First half was one way traffic and we looked like we could be dishing out a 5-0 to a team. Nathan was unlucky on a few occasions although i think maybe he will feel he should have done a little better. Him and Cuz seem to be gelling well.

Second half was a non event for us. It looked as if we were happy with 2-0 although im sure that wasnt the case, i think some credit has to go to northwood for coming out and playing much better.

Paul Armstrong looks a good signing for us, he looked very sharp. I thought in the first half Kieran, Dorms and Leon played very well but my man of the match has to be Cuz for the goals and he looked really hungry last night, chased a lot of lost causes.

The result was more important than the performance last night, and as long as we keep grinding out wins we will be ok. I think the results in Yeading's next two games could be decisive.

well done lads.

Agree with Paul27, game should have been over by halftime, we should have had a hatful. Second half scrappy but we didn't give up. My man of the match was Leon who once again was our most influencial player closely followed Paul G. Good to see Cuzz back with a buzz, I think he's been a bit quite recently.

The Officials, like most match this season was poor. Referee booked 2 of our players for nothing offences and was very reluctant to book any of the Northwood players until 2 minutes from the end when the mouthie No 2 could resist having a go at the ref. Did you notice that the other defenders hand didn't cover up his mouth it was so big. As for the lines man in front of the cowshed, he was on a different planet. He was so slow, he was never up with the play. The first offside he gave in the second was not offside and he missed all of the rest. One where, FIVE Northwood players were in an offside position.

Anyway 3 more points.

Great first half performance, but dropped off the pace in second which perhaps may serve as a small reminder that we need to keep probing the full 90 minutes..First half we got out of the blocks and hassled Northwood into submission...Then Northwood did the same to us (except) we allowed them to do it...Agree that Paul Armstrong looked very lively and Nathan is developing into a real little star...Spare a thought for Gothard who made a top class save in second half..But boy well pleased with those 3 points - Keep it going boys and well done !!

Excellent first half which wrapped up the points. We seemed to sit a bit deeper from the off, but hey, no soft early goal conceded, so no complaints here. The 2nd half was pretty much a non event on the pitch, not so off it, another top 2nd half performance from the 'Blue Army'. Atmosphere was buzzing and the noise superb. Good to see and hear the Norwegian Blues too.

As for all those 'faces'...Just coming to New Lodge to see how it's done!

Great performance but I think some of the players looked tired in the second half. Hopefully the new signings over the last couple of weeks should help share the load a bit.

Saturday week (the 19th) could be a decisive day, with Yeading at home to in form Hampton and us with a difficult away match at Staines. Anyway well done lads for last night

Really a story of two halves. 1st half, we were were all over them. The second they went three up front which caused us some problems getting out of our half, ending up with them getting one back. I thought Matt Game had a good game, as well as Cuz and Dorm's.

Overall, it's the result that counts and if we can eek out 3 points with a one goal margin and a second half performance like last night, what do you think we can do when we are "buzzing" for all the 90 minutes?

Quote:
The Officials, like most match this season was poor.

Thought they were alright myself.

As for the youth, there seemed to be two distinct groups behind the goal from what I could see:
1) those chanting (and a good job they did too, though granted not quite to the standard as our East Side Boys).
2) lads aged around 13-16 who treated the match more as a chance to meet up then watch the game.

Didn't feel intimidated though did find find their total lack of enthusiasm for what was happenening on the pitch somewhat irritating.

first half excellent, second half excrement, but we come away with three points and thats what counts.

totally dominant to start with and if we had gone in four up i don't think anyone would have argued. second half i felt we didnt know whether to keep what we had or try and get more and in the event did neither. also some credit to northwood, they played better in the second half and scored a very good goal. i spose its a bit unusual to see sides coming at us in the second half as its normally us who finishes the stronger. once matt game was replaced northwood seemed to find it quite easy to play through us.

anyway its another crucial three points hard won, so well done to the lads and here's to another three on saturday

come on you blues!!!