Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Top five moments of the season!!!!!!!!

Simple 5 to 1 heres mine

5 That "first game of the season" feeling at the Northwich game. Still sunny yet ten months of footy to look forward to. Fantastic!

4 Realising theres more to life than the premiership. When I came to Gravesends first game of the season I only planned to come every so often but thats it, by about half time in the Stevenage match I was fixed.

3 Standing on the platform at Northfleet train station all on my own while Barnet sang Gravesends only got one fan.

2 Chelsea v Barcelona. Still pee'd off that I lost my radio jumping around celebrating.

1 The welcome I have received from eveyone at Gravesend and Northfleet.

5. Beating Canvey at a canter, at home, late on in the season & proving that we'd come further than them, despite the claims still heard from Fatboyking that they should have gone up the year we won the Ryman.

4. Being stuck in horrendous August traffic on the motorway approaching Lyon, but receiving news of our demolition of York at home by text from Vera. News which confirmed what a great start to the season we were having.

3. Sitting in "Starbucks" in Ashford & getting the news of the events during the 2nd half at Carlisle via the same source.

2. Moussa's equalizer against Satange. Was in the stand behind Mr Westley. He knew & I knew the game was only going one way after that.

1. Moussa's winner in the same match. I just wish I could have kept my mouth shut, so I could have posted my film clip of it on here. As it is the soundtrack would get me banned (quite rightly.)

Just hope Liam lands the "4th man" referred to in the Distorter, so we have some current news to post about again.

Graham S

5:Kick off against Northwich. The first songs filled with hope and anticipation.

4: When I flicked over to Jeff stelling and saw 2-2 against Carlisle

3: Moussa at home to Stevenage getting that equalizer

2: Moussa at home to Stevenage scoring that winner.

1: Away at Barnet. Losing 4-0 yet we had packed out the small section we were given and we sang our hearts out. "Andy Fords red and white army" rang out for 3 0r 4 of their goals. "hey they have scored" oh well and we carried on singing. "4-0 and you make no noise"

Hard to do this. As always despite the overall outcome there were so many good times

Heres mine, 5-1

5 Being part of the crowd at Bishops Stortford,I know results later went against us,but there was agood feeling that day

4 Roys goal v Exeter

3Taking 4 points off of Canvey..easily

2 Mouassa,s 2 v Stevenage,and singing Westley,Westley whats the score and 2-1 to the part timers

1Being in third place early on and dreaming of what may be.

Looking forward to August,Come on you Reds

5. Northwich, Jimmy's goal, then him shouting 'I'm Back!'

4. Canvey 17/08, fair enough, was a draw, yet the atmosphere was excellent, and first away game of the season

3. Moussa's second against Satanage.

2. Jimmy's goal against Bishop's Stortford (The goal we conceded a minute later was the worst moment by far)

1. Canvey match, atmosphere again was brilliant and the performance was excellent

Quote:
Gordon T said:
1: Away at Barnet. Losing 4-0 yet we had packed out the small section we were given and we sang our hearts out. "Andy Fords red and white army" rang out for 3 0r 4 of their goals. "hey they have scored" oh well and we carried on singing. "4-0 and you make no noise"

I had forgotten about this, it was actually 4-1. It was great, we were all over them then just before they scored we sang Andy Fords red and white army. It went on for the last 15 minutes of the first half, in that time they went 3-0 up. The second half it pissed it down but still a fantastic day.

I'd hate to think the number of people here nominating details from two fairly ordinary matches against Canvey last season reflects that some people still, bizarrely, see them as big rivals.

Quote:
jc said:
I'd hate to think the number of people here nominating details from two fairly ordinary matches against Canvey last season reflects that some people still, bizarrely, see them as big rivals.
Dont see them as big rivals,it,s just really satisfying beating them......and Fatboy King

Quote:
jc said:

We don't have any rivals let alone big rivals. Sadly were still seen by supporters of other clubs and even many local people as nonentities – not worth bothering with.

My Top 5:

5 - On the way to Hornchurch on the train with FA Cup fever ringing

4 - A spontaneous burst of the 'Hey Jude Wilko Song' with my brother, met by a short burst of 'there's only two of you singing, three of you singing, there's only four of you singing etc' from the away support

3 - The day out at York: beautiful town, glorious pubs, quaint ground and perpetual 'wombats' from the master that is Kenny Brooker

2 - The glorious made up stories from 'FILA Bag Man' of his away travel troubles ('I tried to go to Carlisle but my flight got cancelled')

1 - Jacko's homecoming, capped by THAT goal against Stortford. Shame we had to throw it away afterwards...