Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Green sward

michael

Did the turf arrive on thursday as was being suggested.

Is there a hosepipe ban in Kent-guess it will need watering in to help grow.

Maybe fears of grass not growing though are unfounded as i see Charlton are seeding a new pitch this week and still confident of being ready for newseason.

Hi michaelmichael, I was told it's coming on Monday.

There is a big water tank connected to the drainage system, and irrigation points all round the pitch as far as I could see on Thursday - looks as if the water that is drained off can then be recycled into watering the pitch, so I think it will be OK.

Hopefully by the meeting on Thursday we will be seeing some of the pitch green at last.

As an aside, we were also told that the builders are starting on Monday!

Went by a turf farm on Romney Marsh this week, and I must say that seeing all the beautiful grren stuff sitting there made me feel very good, imagining it transported to Hartsdown.

By the way, didn't Robin Hood, Robin Hood, gallop through the sward? (Or was that Dennis Moore, for Monty Python fans)