Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The importance of coming home!

Cookie

[color:"red"] [/color] already an increase of 411.2%

Team High Low Avge 04/05 +/-%

AFC Wimbledon (P) 3,002 2,754 2,878 2,858 0.7%

Margate ® 1,280 1,010 1,145 224 411.2%

Slough Town 1,264 246 755 319 136.7%

Billericay Town 980 522 751 524 43.3%

Bromley (P) 499 409 454 335 35.5%

Chelmsford City 515 360 438 455 -3.8%

Braintree Town 406 317 362 401 -9.9%

Worthing 369 346 358 364 -1.8%

Maldon Town (P) 528 104 316 152 107.9%

Wealdstone 315 315 315 306 2.9%

Staines Town 314 301 308 291 5.7%

Hampton & Richmond 303 291 297 236 25.8%

Folkestone Invicta 286 286 286 452 -36.7%

Hendon 216 167 192 240 -20.2%

Leyton 204 178 191 123 55.3%

Harrow Borough 212 165 189 204 -7.6%

Heybridge Swifts 188 185 187 220 -15.2%

East Thurrock United (P) 165 162 164 137 19.3%

Fisher Athletic (P) 206 120 163 98 66.3%

Walton & Hersham (P) 175 126 151 262 -42.6%

Windsor & Eton 144 131 138 185 -25.7%

Redbridge ® 162 94 128 153 -16.3%

Overall 470 324 44.9%

Figures compiled courtesy of TonyKempster

www.tonykempster.btinternet.co.uk

The same is true for virtually every other team in the country - poor results, crowds go down. Unless the club have budgeted for 1,000 gates (and i'm sure they haven't), there is no major problem.

James is however correct in that dire performances will undoubtedly see a decline in attendances.It really is up to the performances on the field that will determine future attendance figures. It is a known fact with this club & its supporters(not the core) that as quick as people return they can also as quickly give up on supporting on the terraces. Yes,I know it is still early days but when do we stop using that as an excuse I wonder. We are doing our bit by advertising the games and the club and its now down to the team & its manager to do their bit.

If they cant or its not possible then these figures WILL fall.

We as fans just have to push the boat out further with the publicity campagne & try and keep people interested and aware of our games in the meantime and hope that those figures dont come down before the on field improvements are with us.

Theres no panic at the moment but it has to be a slight concern nevertheless for the future.

Its got to be easier to KEEP those people coming rather than to chase after them when they have gone.

On the topic of supporting off the terraces, whats the news on the Golden Gate? I know where I work there have been a couple of problems with the list of those registered with the club as Golden Gate members and the list of those on the shop registers. It wouldnt hurt for those doing the rounds to make sure the lists are up to date.

Have more people signed up for the Golden Gate since the Carnival?

Quote:
jkmaskell said:
Without dragging down the good feeling over the new ground and attendances, its been noted by others that unless the results improve attendances will fall. The sheen will eventually go...what will happen then?

james i feel the worst attendace we could expect would be about 500 (which would still be the second highest in the division) and thats if we were last which im sure we wont be, either way its far to early to be thinking about that.
tho there is a lot that could be done to ensure attendance remains highish, like free face painting for kids as was suggested a few weeks back.

The crowds have been really encouraging and seem to have taken a few loyal supporters by suprise.

CK always organises teams well from the back but going forward his teams can be a bit to predictable. Need more creativity in midfield and a goal poacher and then the crowds would grow not fade away. Can it happen?

Quote:
jkmaskell said:
On the topic of supporting off the terraces, whats the news on the Golden Gate? I know where I work there have been a couple of problems with the list of those registered with the club as Golden Gate members and the list of those on the shop registers. It wouldnt hurt for those doing the rounds to make sure the lists are up to date.

Have more people signed up for the Golden Gate since the Carnival?

i was under the impresion that the golden gate was for good causes not just for MFC

rawy post is interesting.

What would bring in bigger crowds.

High scoring games where we win some 4-3 and lose some 3-2.

or

A winning team consistently winning 1-0 and getting to the top 5.

Personaly i would go for a boring but professional 1-0 win everytime, but appreciate others may prefer 'entertainment'

Agree with you, MM. I guess we'd all like to see a sparkling winning performance everytime, but firts priority has to be not to lose, then win - any way we can - and then the pretty stuff. Even if your team is playing the best loking football around, it soon wears thin if you just getting beaten. No one is too good to go down. Those that do, don't win enough games (as we know).

Quote:
Anonymous said:
The crowds have been really encouraging and seem to have taken a few loyal supporters by suprise.
CK always organises teams well from the back but going forward his teams can be a bit to predictable. Need more creativity in midfield and a goal poacher and then the crowds would grow not fade away. Can it happen?

The crowds havent surprised me in the slightest and as with other "core" supporters am sure it hasnt come as a surprise to them also. We knew there were many out there that would be coming back it was just a question of getting back home first & then getting THEM to come back. Now all we have to do is to KEEP them coming back plus trying to convert others who have NEVER been here to come also. No, it was no surprise to me and am sure it wasnt to others either.

In response to rayw, CK has used the '5-3-2, big hoof to the forwards' formula throughout his career with great success. That will never change. Creative players, such as Lee Spiller or Mo, tend not to fit in with the masterplan.

I think we have the foundations of a good team. Kola, Deen and Brown are good signings. But goals are a priority now.

Cookie sorry i thought that a few people regualr posters on here had underpredicted the opening crowd(s) maybe i missed something.

But the point is MFCs potential is massive.

well tbh i wasnt expecting it to be 1k plus on the opening game let alone the bank holiday game.