Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Maldon 0 Billericay Town 2

GazzaBTFC

An edgy first half until Leon tucked away what was a soft penalty decision. Maldon had a couple of chances to go ahead and make it evens, one of which was begging to be put away in an empty net, only to hit the post....ha, ha, ha, ha!!!

Second half we were better, more assured. Maldon tired after 15 minutes and we looked like scoring at every attack. Tom Poole's goal was the result of following in after the Maldon keeper made a save from a wicked Matt Game shot. Some bizzare corners taken by Maldon when they did press, one was scudded into touch for a goal kick, the other passed over everones head to go off for a throw in at the opposite side without bouncing on the pitch...quite amusing. Matt game and Nathan had plenty of chances to bag a goal for themselves and you had to wonder what Gamo had to do to open his account!!!

The officials were truely not up to it. Some bizzare decisions but we'll forgive 'em because of the penalty.

Overall a better performance...now lets build on this and onwards to Hendon on Saturday.

Have to say that Matt Game bossed the midfield during the second half giving Leon some (welcome) breathing space...almost a night off for Leon after trying to plug every gap in midfield this season. Not that he didn't play well.

And Tom Poole is starting to settle in. During the second half looked very hungry for a goal which is good becasue Nathan started to get a whiff of competition from the young whipper snapper. The defence still looked a bit suspect at times but they'll come together.

Roll on Hendon!!! And then Chelmsford in the ESC.

Much better, and good to see us perform in the second half for once! Dont think the windy conditions really helped and looked like Dale nearly got caught out a couple of times. I wouldnt say anyone stood out last night, i thought it was a good team display with a lot of leg work done by a lot of the players. The lads seemed really up for this one and it paid off. Good number of travelling support. Considering that Maldon have a decent set up there you would have thought they could attract a decent home support but if it wasnt for a large away support it would have been a bit empty last night. What a goal that would have been had Gamo's shot gone in!

Decent performance and re-stores some confidence. Poole looked good and pinched his goal in typical poacher style. Thier left back was turned inside out by Wareham and I thought Dormer looked a bit more lively. Sappleton and Game both hit the woodwork. A few tasty tackles went in but physically we more than matched them and by the end thier defence must've been praying for the final whistle.

I was very pleased with the performance last night, we defended from the front, worked hard in all areas and showed a desire and hunger for the win.

In some recent games I thought we have at times played an American Football type game, with an offensive a deefensive team.

Last night all eleven did their job, worked hard, defended as a unit, and attacked as a unit.

Good stuff!

Good 2nd half performance, Dorms looks like he's getting back to fitness and I thought that apart from the last 5 mins when we switched off a bit we dominated the 2nd half. Poole took his goal well and got involved in the game a bit more, albeit against a desparately poor Maldon rearguard. Saps plays a lot better with Trotty alongside, both looked solid. No coincidence that the defence is more of a unit with Trotty there... Not going to get carried away as Maldon look strong relegation candidates, but November looks a more straightforward month than October so we've got the opportunity to get back up the table...