Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Power of Positive Thinking

I am Spartacus

I have waited until today to comment on yesterdays terrible result and have decided to say nothing as any more thoughts on it do depress me.

Instead i thought it might be nice to look at the positives and really I can only think of a few:

1) It was nice to see greg out there yesterday and actually have someone waiting on the right to recieve a pass and offer some width again.

2) Bertie (need I say more)

3) Seeing Gavin give 100% to the team even when he was not playing (if more players showed his level of commitment then we would be halfway there)

Thats all I can think of for now but only POSITIVE thoughts on this thread please.

But how many of them are good enough to improve the situation.

My ratings for the above:

Hasim Deen 7

Dean Standen 3

Berte Brayley 10

Osman Sesay 8

Pat Gradley 6

Gavin McGowan 7

Its no good having a full quota of midfielders if not many are up to it.

Release Standen whos work rate I cant falter,its just his lack of ball skills that lets him down.I am not picking on him because I want to or dislike his looks or anything like that its just he has had more than enough opportunities to shine but continues not to.

Pat Gradley will NOT be the saviour that everyone thinks he will be(but then after coming back from injury he will be allowed a LOT OF TIME to get some kind of form back)

Sesay is exciting is young,has improved no-end and needs to be in a more attacking role.He is the person to get usout of trouble. Putting him on the bench after a great run & being in form will not do his confidence any good whatsoever, & most definately is a minus point for the team.

Mc Gowan Gives us a little bite there & does have good ball skills when coming forward. Not so sure about his defending though.

Hasim Deen works well,gets amongst them but is sometimes prone to the odd late tackle but he too is another youngster for the future.

Bertie,well he dosent need mentioning really In this class of football he has it all & will run rings round defenders all day.But he needs others to anticipate his moves and passes or else his head will drop & even he may get frustrated and have his head drop.But thats down to others to prevent that from happening.