Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team News

The Club can confirm newspaper reports that Chris Kinnear has signed Alexis Charalambous on a non-contract basis. The Manager has also secured the services of a goalkeeper who will join on a one month loan from Monday 09 January 2006 which will allow Charlie Mitten the rest time he needs to recover from his injury.

After missing out on the signature of James Dryden, who joined Dover, the Club has now made another formal approach to secure the signature of a Centre Forward, we will keep the supporters informed of the outcome.

It is confirmed that Laurence Yiga will not be available to rejoin the squad until 08 January 2006.

The Club has received a 7-day notice of approach from Fisher Athletic for Charlie Taylor.

A friendly match has been arranged for Monday 09 January 2006 away to Tonbridge Angels, when our Manager intends to provide match practice for our long term injured players and also to look at potential new signings. A further friendly may be arranged for the following week, against Dover.

The Club continues to negotiate a date for the re-arranged fixture against AFC Wimbledon. AFC remain involved in a number of different cup competitions, which take priority over league games.

Up the Gate!

Good to see the setting up of a couple of friendlies. Still a little apprehensive though since any injuries would mess up the league squad. Happy to see the search for a replacement goalie has got some returns.

Good to have some communication from the club on the squad. Lets hope this is the start of more communication between the club and its fans.

Thanks for the info, is a shame Yiga wont be back for tomorrow! Good news on goalie tho, hope Charlie Mitten recovers ok? Good luck to Charlie Taylor if he goes to Fisher.

I know what you mean alex just praying the keeper is good and not a flapper. Not impressed with Alexis signing really. He works his socks off but always lets himself down at the last minute! can remember countless mistakes that cost us goals whilst at ashford! Hope he has improved so he can prove me wrong!!

Come on the gate!!!!

I cant really say anything about Alexis as i only saw 1 margate game last season which was the game against Dover in the Kent Senior Cup final as i did not fancy going up to Ashford, but i have made up for it this season i hope. However if you say that Alexis worked his socks off but let himself down at the last minute maybe he might be good enough to do that bit better against lower league clubs.

Don't forget Alex is a midfielder and was aksed to play at full back quite a bit last year. I thought he did his best work in a central midfield role which I think is his natural position. At least we have planty of choice there now, and at the back too. I'm convinced that it's "just" the front line to sort out. Are Adolf and Charlie too similar? Would the contrast between Adolf and Lawrence be a potentially better combination? Perhaps the Staines game will reveal more.

Tend to agree with Wellsie,re upfront combination-Adolf and Yiga;and maybe a new super centreforward.

Think we need a seasoned cunning pro up there (warren patmore out of retirement anyone)

I must admit i am dumbfounded by Charamb. signing .

We have about 7 midfield players 'ahead' of him.

Could not make the bench at Sutton

However, i wish him well and maybe second time around will be better.

We obviously saw him play poorly through no fault of his own at full back.

I also saw him play a few games in midfield ,and he did constantly give the ball away .Maybe the stint at fullback toughened him up if nothing else.

I also saw him play in midfield away at Weymouth last season where he harrowed the opposition like a terrier, and on that day, contibuted massively (i think we drew) and was as good as anyone on the pitch.

if he was like that every game i would have no complaints;so maybe just maybe 12 months later, he will be a 'different player'