Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanet Times - Tuesday 10th

Dutch_Mike

Stevie Watts would be awesome.

What about Leroy Griffiths, just to stop him scoring against us

Steve Sodje... he might be in the running and would surely bolster the attendances by a good 500-1000.

Alan shearer is retiring soon, oh and Ronaldo is faking that injury, we could have him

The first player I thought of was Griffiths, but how much money would he want? Watts would be great though. What with a new manager taking over at Fisher and them signing Steve West and possibly Taylor there could be a surplus striker.

He's been on the bench for Lewes lately.

After having a bit of a look about I think the mystery striker could be either Lee Charles at Worthing or Gavin Holligan at Lewes. Both have been at Windsor & Eton on a month's loan just recently and both have plenty of experience. But it could easily be Falana.

I noticed Porter went on loan to Maidenhead recently to get first teamgames - from what I saw at Redbridge he would have been handy to release BE to play sweeper and to allow JK to play further upfield.

I hope it is not Falana he is a waster.

Watts is OK but he disappears out of games, but he is a lot better than Taylor.

I hope it is an established player, maybe from Div one, who is scoring goals at the moment.

"he's well known and has scored lots of goals at his level".

Michael, you could be right. Maybe Ball or maybe Welford. I would much rather have Welford. The wording makes me think it would be more likely to be a lower league as CK usually likes to point out that a player has cut it in a higher league if he has played there.

I ventured over to the RED part tonight. Score ended 0-0. Chances at both ends. Rams had a new young keeper from Crawley who did a good job.Was impressed with Vahid. Ball was playing in midfield. Great boot on him but because of that he blasted a free-kick into the next street. Both he & Welford did well but in all the whole team played with maximun effort. I was really impressed by their work rate.They never stopped runnng,always going full out for the ball, and generally all very mobile. Defended and attacked in numbers.Very aggressive, which is something that we really lack.

Saw Ken T & Kevin R but they wouldnt let on about a prospective striker other than to mention,as the paper says,this person will be known by all once his name appears.Some of the above guesses I wouldnt imagine wouldnt fit into that comment.

I really cant see any Ramsgate players wanting to come over here somehow but you never know with the right inducement. Somehow I feel it could be someone like Watts(personnel opinion).He IS someone we all know.Though he's getting on I think he would still be a great asset to have in any side.

Still, we go on guessing. If indeed this isnt yet again false hope given out by the club then I guess we shall just have to wait & see. I am sure Ken & Kevin were at Southwood merely to watch the game & for no other reason. But hey! you never know how they work things do you. Suppose sending CK or KP would make it look TOO obvious. Again though I cant see any Rams players coming over here & I would be surprised if they were being sought after too. Their names,though well known to us may not be as big as those that I have a feeling it could be.Watts would be a good choice i.m.o.

Still, anyones guess I feel, but the mind is working overtime to think of someone well known that could be bigger than Drydon in popularity.

Saw a fair few Margate fans around the ground, thought it was a decent game and to be honest the standard didn't look much, if any, different to the Ryman Premier. Best Rams players for me were Vahid and the number 8 Warren Schulz. They should have won and I was quite impressed with their energy and work rate.

I went to Saturday's game and thought if any Margate fans were there they would have been unimpressed despite our victory. Sounds like we played better tonight.

Any views on our new keeper? The site reports that he is the son of "Watford keeper Ian Plumley." The only Watford keeper I can remember called Plumley was Gary who was famously called up by Watford for an FA Cup semi-final from his job as a waiter and they lost 5-1 to Spurs.

We do need a good 'keeper as Twyman is inconsistent and always injured and Jurgen Wild is not up to the right standard.

I picked this up off the Dover forum and it is only their fans speculating about who CK will sign(nice to know they care so much about us and just love CK),but if we have suggested a fee, it is not a totally wild supposition that it maybe:

Allan Tait ?

again, its not even a rumour-just Dover fans guessing like us but not totally stupid !!

maybe, just maybe