Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What happened to McMahon ?

P.W.

[color:"blue"]What on earth happened to McMahon? Like many others I was astounded to see him lying down injured whilst the play was at the other end. Can someone who was watching the game from that end explain what happened, did he turn awkwardly in a divot or something?

He twisted his knee when clearing. It looked prety bad actually - a strange coulour as he was carried off on the strtcher. He was being xrayed in hospital as at 5.30ish. Possible cartlidge, but it looks as if he will be out for some time.

First goal took a deflection which took the speed off the ball and caught him flatfooted & slowly sailed over his head. Second goal he was slightly out of position but really & truly neither could be put down to him. It was his first game but he didnt look an assured keeper from the little that I saw of him. His kicking wasnt great either. However I, and others I am sure, would like to wish him the best & thank him anyway for turning out for us in our hour of need.

Billy is better than any keeper at your level of football.

Last season he was by far the best keeper in the Conference South. Unfortunately he has severe injury problems. You are very lucky to have him.

We shall be kind then and say that maybe his confidence was lacking from all the time out injured but it does worry me that our midfield player looked more confident in goal than Billy.

The oddest thing to me was that he never caught the ball or was diving around during the pre-match warm up.

Normally you would expect a keeper to practice handling crosses(admittedly i was only there 25 mins prior to start so mayb e i missed it).

Bit of a conspiracy theory, but i can't help wondering if he was injured/not fit even before the game started.

Yes he was flat footed due to a deflection, but equally never dived or jumped for any of the goals.

i wish him well as it looked very very painful but i don't think he was fit in the first place.

His fault, MFC fault or Thurrocks fault.

Just have a feeling someone hid something here but no doubt i am wrong

Saturday 29th January 2005 I was standing behind the Thurrock goal for our away game. During the warm up McMahon was jumping up for cross balls. He landed very badly, twisted his knee, was carried off and did not take part in the game that I think we won 2-1.

Did we get a bum deal here?

Unfortunatly I did hear that he has been suffering from a troubled knee whilst at Thurrock. Could be a re occuring problem for him? Did thurrock replace him before we got him on loan? Maybe they knew the situation with him? It came up in a few conversations that I had with people on Saterday so please don't take this as fact!