Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Walton 0 Ricay 0

jl

Another good performance from our lads against a team of 6 footers.

We played easily the better football but unfortunately squandered a couple of gilt-edged opportunities to win the game. That said every player in a Ricay shirt gave it everything today and should be pleased with their performances. We have made a couple of signings in Tom Beech and James White who are both young strikers. Another name being rumoured was Scott Forbes who I believe has signed for Margate.

Third clean sheet on the trott...Let's keep it going...incidentally Walton's highest league gate of the season.

Millard

Macca Pat Trotty Kerrers

Game Hunter Ryan Dorms

Poole Elder (Wareham)

snu: Brightley, Henty, Simmons, Beech

Can't really add to that. I thought the lads played well in front of a well organised and croweded defence. It was fairly obvious what Walton wanted out of the game and by putting five lumps at the back, they got what the set out to get.

I would say that we did have some opporunity to finish the game but our final ball was either wayward or finishing just a tad sloppy...not to worry, I'm sure it'll all be sorted out when we play Redbridge and then Staines....

Matt's team is still unbeaten out of three....can't ask for anymore than that.

A fairly good performance and a point was the least we deserved. We were a bit disappointing in the final third, but it's still a good point. Tom Beech used to play for St Albans. Found this on their site:

Tall striker who joined the club during October 2004 from Cambridge United.

A prolific scorer for United’s Youth team he was a member of the Reserves when the Saints snapped him up.

Scored twice in 27 appearances for the Saints during the 2004-05 season and was an unused substitute 19 times prior to being released at the end of November.

Has played a couple times for Thurrock Reserves this season.

--------------------------------------------------

www.billericaytownfc.20m.com

Magnificent support again.

A difficult game on a bobbly pitch and hard fort battle with no nastiness, I would have settled for a point pre match, but after watching 90 mins of play I was disappointed we didn’t manage all three.

Another good solid performance, another clean sheet, and another point..

The men in black…well what can you say…at least their decisions were equally distributed and they remained consistent for the 90 mins., and IMO it made for a better game, so I’m undecided if they were bad, or good..

I’m looking forward to Tuesdays game because we will see the fringe and new players start, 7 or 8 I believe, along with the best of our youth.

We were definately the team making the bigger effort to actually win the game... Not sure why Walton would have been happy with a point (as they undoubtedly were) as results elsewhere see them slip further away from a play-off place. Our defence was rock solid - Trotty was my motm. In midfield I was again impressed by the way Wozza and Leon linked up, overall though the final ball wasn't as good as it was against Slough or Folkestone.

Be interesting to see Tom B and co on Tuesday (I've pointed out the error in the echo to Mr M...)

I think Tom Poole had his best game for the club in this game. It seemed a lot of our best things came through him. This was highlighted when Nath was subbed and tom stayed on.

The only reason we didnt win this was we never took our chances. Thats our 3rd clean sheet in a row and apart from the Millards eary save the defence were not troubled.

Like TC, I would have settled for a point pre match, but having seen the way we played I felt we were good value for all three.

Yes, another crdible performance and i think the most important factor is 3 games without conceding. Good effort lads! Liked Leons quick free kick. I guess the only downer was how Nathan failed to hit the target, but easy to say from this side of the fence. Well done for what was a difficult game.

Qulaity from Waltons Mr Ball Boy!